93 Cube for under a grand. It can be done... I think. UPDATED GRAND TOTAL! :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't likely see anything for a month-ish. In 3+ months you'll just notice wow... I'm missing some nems. Within 4-5 months all gone.

I was just reading that. LOL!

I wish it was quicker the few I have are HUGE!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is I never had a bad problem with them in all the years I have had marine tanks.

I had a couple once and got some peppermint shrimp. Never saw the shrimp again and the aptasia were gone in a week.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time we had to use nudis it took about 1-2 months before you could see a huge drop in aiptasia numbers in my friends tank, 3 months and didn't see a single one after that. Managed to get more then we ordered out of the tank and moved them to a fellow reefers tank. Same thing there time wise, but he was not able to get any out so I assume they died : (

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow seems it took you guys a lot longer. My friend has an 8x3x2 covered in Aiptasia over every single inch of rock, he started with 5 Berg's, all gone in a month flat.

I wonder if it's because he had so many aiptasia that they colonized faster.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to talk to Daniel! He's fine, sounded a little shook up from shock treatment. :)

He also sent letters that we got today.

I am so proud of my son!
Did I miss something? Is he already in boot camp?

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, he left last tuesday @Brew12

He is now down range and was able to make a quick call.

We also received an envelope full of short letters yesterday. :)

He will be fine. His girlfriend I am not so sure about. She came over last night to get her letter (I am guessing they only gave him one envelope) she looked pretty upset. All I could do was give her a hug and reassure her that he would be fine and she could come over and just sit or have dinner any time she wanted.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, he left last tuesday @Brew12

He is now down range and was able to make a quick call.

We also received an envelope full of short letters yesterday. :)

He will be fine. His girlfriend I am not so sure about. She came over last night to get her letter (I am guessing they only gave him one envelope) she looked pretty upset. All I could do was give her a hug and reassure her that he would be fine and she could come over and just sit or have dinner any time she wanted.
Congrats!

My son wrote my wife and his girlfriend almost every day. The USMC doesn't allow recruits to call home but they get a 1/2 hour to write almost every day. Those letters meant the world to us and I'm sure you guys are feeling the same way. I'm convinced boot camp is much harder on the ones left behind than the ones going through it!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!

My son wrote my wife and his girlfriend almost every day. The USMC doesn't allow recruits to call home but they get a 1/2 hour to write almost every day. Those letters meant the world to us and I'm sure you guys are feeling the same way. I'm convinced boot camp is much harder on the ones left behind than the ones going through it!

I believe you are right. They are going through it so they see what's going on and they are so busy, it flies by.

I remember it well. Seemed like I blinked and the first 4 weeks were up. The first week is called the hammer phase if I remember correctly. Like the old Japanese saying "The nail that sticks out, gets hammered" ;)

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I could do was give her a hug and reassure her that he would be fine and she could come over and just sit or have dinner any time she wanted.
This just made my morning. I mean what could show more compassion?

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out Daniels address! And I was able to see the side of his head in a picture his unit posted on their FB page. I wish it were more.

Man, I miss him! I think I am driving Tim nuts. I don't have a favorite. So, now the attention Daniel was getting is going to Tim and I don't think he likes double. LOL!

Even worse, the chores Daniel was doing have to go somewhere. so.....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back