93 G Reef ready Cube

Jhillreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s everyone take on the Marineland Cube reef ready?

Local store has one 600 with stand brand new.

Any issues with these tanks ?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Many people use them with no problems. You will see plenty of complaints about Marineland, but when you think about the huge number of tanks they sell it is obvious they tend to be reliable tanks.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Mine has been great but only complaint is the height of the manufactured stand. I made my own.

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MArineland has plenty of good aquariums but the 93 gal is not one of them. It has way too thin of glass with no bracing for the water volume. That is why they are prone to high amounts of air bubbles in the seams. Also, 30 x30 x 24 may be 90 gallons but the dimensions are very difficult to work with. For example, you would require 2 lights instead of one as most high end lights cover 24 x24. So you would in affect be covering 48 inches of area for your 30 inch tank. Also, there isn't enough room for tangs to be happy long term. When talking about fish bristletooth tangs require 75 gallons of more. But what IMHO is 4 feet tank lengths of 75 gallons or more. My BT is cramped and makes adding another tang very challenging as they are VERY territorial. As I mentioned the main reason is the lack of quality in design. The glass is not thick enough for the water volume. I would highly recommend getting a 120 gallon. SCA has them for VERY cheap and it is a very high quality tank. The 48 x 24 x 24 would keep you at 2 lights for coverage and allow you more freedom to choose fish without adding any more expense. I have had 3 90 gallon cubes because of warranty issues in the seam. I would not buy this aquarium if I were you.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the seams thoroughly. As said, lighting can be a bit of a chore (24" T5s witha kessil worked best for mine). With the dimensions, I had a hard time getting flow like I wanted it. I liked the look of it, sadly mine was bought used and had a bad seam.

DSmithZ28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the seams thoroughly. As said, lighting can be a bit of a chore (24" T5s witha kessil worked best for mine). With the dimensions, I had a hard time getting flow like I wanted it. I liked the look of it, sadly mine was bought used and had a bad seam.
I would definitely do this. Make sure you fill the aquarium all the way up as well. I actually get more air bubbles when I do a water change than when it is filled up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back