OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here lol anemones are my fav, I have a slight addiction to them with over 10 currently , all rainbows. Yes stability will be needed just be sure to watch the parameters and have cipro on hand
Aaaaaaa your little clown in the nem. I love it so much. I hope my clowns eventually feel comfortable enough getting hosted by the nem.

Yes, I definitely plan to buy some cipro and have r2r on speed dial when the nem shenanigans start lol

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aaaaaaa your little clown in the nem. I love it so much. I hope my clowns eventually feel comfortable enough getting hosted by the nem.

Yes, I definitely plan to buy some cipro and have r2r on speed dial when the nem shenanigans start lol
Haha yea they didn’t take long to go to the nems in my case , they go into almost every single one, I’ve added domino damsels and they are hosting the anemones that the clowns did not choose , I have faith your anemone will do good and you are right to have r2r for resource

Attachments

• 532D87D3-8528-40F5-AF9C-335CC27821D6.jpeg
    532D87D3-8528-40F5-AF9C-335CC27821D6.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 134

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to Lowes, finally got the correct fitting to connect my RODI to the shower (easiest place to connect it). TDS in is 1-2, TDS out is still 4-5 even after flushing for 5ish hours? Not sure if it means I need to add another stage or give it a few more days. Would love someone with experience to provide some guidance there.

Did go ahead and stop by LFS to just buy some RODI water to get the tank wet since I wanted to start the cycle. Photos tomorrow on scape. I'm still debating if I want to do a fish or fishless cycle. I originally wanted to do fish in, but my car got wet in the most recent rainfall that Louisiana had, so now I'm out 450 for that. o_O
Not many testing water before and after RODI... love it!
maybe I missed it, what TDS meter/tester are you using? had mine tested at LFS... but wouldn't mind testing on my own regularly since I have opted for carbon block only filter...

Nice build you have here, and I'm not clown'n around :)

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many testing water before and after RODI... love it!
maybe I missed it, what TDS meter/tester are you using? had mine tested at LFS... but wouldn't mind testing on my own regularly since I have opted for carbon block only filter...

Nice build you have here, and I'm not clown'n around :)
I have an in-line TDS but I believe Hanna makes a pen TDS meter :)

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture with the new light and one of the inside stand, if possible?

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture with the new light and one of the inside stand, if possible?

Sorry for delay, got behind on work. Loving the light. It’s less blue to the eye in person, and the design prevents it from shining/blinding me when I sit down on my couch to watch it.

Attachments

• E5A88487-1C2C-438E-8FD3-7D401AF0C7B9.jpeg
    E5A88487-1C2C-438E-8FD3-7D401AF0C7B9.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 83599332-C90B-43EF-BB81-8E5791F0E7DC.jpeg
    83599332-C90B-43EF-BB81-8E5791F0E7DC.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 130

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the pictures, I have the same tank, not set up yet, cause.....can't decide on stand and light, lol, will be mostly btas I guess;

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the pictures, I have the same tank, not set up yet, cause.....can't decide on stand and light, lol, will be mostly btas I guess;
You’re welcome!
The WB brand stand feels pretty sturdy. Just not the prettiest :)

I like the tank, just didn’t like the delay in shipping and lack of communication

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dropped off the angelfish at the LFS and came back with a yasha hase goby. LFS will order a randall shrimp for me.

I wasn't going to do a goby, but I really like how the YHG looks. The YHG I got must be a juvenile because it's under 1.5inches long. Will give it a couple weeks and see if I can sex it as a male or female. :)

All other inhabitants still doing well, the possum wrasse has been way more comfortable and now spends the majority of his day swimming around and picking off pods.

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took part in my first live sale today. Definitely will be going on a no buy until December, with the exception of a Randall's pistol shrimp.

From the UniqueCorals sale, I purchased 3 things.
1626635741728.png

Cookie Monster Stag

1626635773367.png

UC Solomon Island Millepora

1626635685472.png

Pink Frogspawn

Very excited to dip my feet into some more SPS. I wanted to try a some cheaper SPS before getting into some of the named frags that caught my interest while browsing like Chun Li and Walt Disney. So fingers crossed that these two will thrive in my tank, so far my grafted monti is doing great.

And the frog spawn, I've been wanting one since I saw it, so I'm very excited :)

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting 2 LSOH heads this Friday! Found someone locally who was willing to trade 2polyps for my AI Prime.

Very happy :)

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took part in my first live sale today. Definitely will be going on a no buy until December, with the exception of a Randall's pistol shrimp.

From the UniqueCorals sale, I purchased 3 things.
1626635741728.png

Cookie Monster Stag

1626635773367.png

UC Solomon Island Millepora

1626635685472.png

Pink Frogspawn

Very excited to dip my feet into some more SPS. I wanted to try a some cheaper SPS before getting into some of the named frags that caught my interest while browsing like Chun Li and Walt Disney. So fingers crossed that these two will thrive in my tank, so far my grafted monti is doing great.

And the frog spawn, I've been wanting one since I saw it, so I'm very excited :)
Oh those are gonna look good!! Demand to see some pics once they’re settled in

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh those are gonna look good!! Demand to see some pics once they’re settled in
For sure for sure!!!
Will probably post picks on the 27th though bc that's when the CSB nem and red goniopora are supposed to arrive!

Such hype, v excited!

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oy vey, tank temp hitting 83 degree today even with the AC set at 74.
Ordered some small clip on fans from amazon, won't arrive until Wednesday.

Fingers crossed my fish tank doesn't get angry and just nuke itself. :<
Temp has been steadily climbing since this morning. I know it's not the heaters since they've been unplugged for 4 weeks.

Thinking of tossing some ice cubes in there.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oy vey, tank temp hitting 83 degree today even with the AC set at 74.
Ordered some small clip on fans from amazon, won't arrive until Wednesday.

Fingers crossed my fish tank doesn't get angry and just nuke itself. :<
Temp has been steadily climbing since this morning. I know it's not the heaters since they've been unplugged for 4 weeks.

Thinking of tossing some ice cubes in there.
Frozen water bottle to cool down tank , don’t need to add ice cubes because of tap water. But I let my tank get up to 84 before I do anything and it seems fine

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frozen water bottle to cool down tank , don’t need to add ice cubes because of tap water. But I let my tank get up to 84 before I do anything and it seems fine
Oh yea! I have frozen water bottles I was going to use. Idk why I wrote ice cube.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yea! I have frozen water bottles I was going to use. Idk why I wrote ice cube.
Lol just making sure! I’ve never cooled off my tank , but now I have a temperature reading so I just might if it gets too hot which is daily in so cal

OP
OP
Clo

Clo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apt AC has been broken for a few days. Internal temp is sitting at 77-78 on thermostat, but tank was shooting up to 84.
I ordered a fan from amazon, and it worked great. TOO GREAT.
It dropped my tank to 74 degrees in 12 hours. And big dummy me didn't replug in the heaters before turning on the fan because why would I need to have a heater plugged in during the summer.

Anyways, my carelessness def caused some big temp swings over 24 hours. So far fish and coral seem fine.

Impressed with the fan's efficiency, not impressed with the noise.

Was busy working this week, will get some corals in tomorrow and set them up :D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back