A Dumb ?? Maybe

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of us that are new to SPS corals, are there any SPS corals that are, say more tolerant of less than pristine SPS water conditions? Corals that we could buy that won't start to die as soon as we put them in our tanks.

iReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
brown sps LOL jk

you could try green slimmer one of the easies sps to keep

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on the monti caps and slimer. I almost killed a slimer frag about 3 different times and 2 years later I still have it. IMO birdsnest should not be one. They are one of the first to show signs of stress when something is off in my tank.

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly SPS are easy as long as you keep your Ca and Alk in range with adequate lighting. Its the color that will be affected by the quality. If they are dieing fast its probably because something is awry or you have too much of a swing in some form or another.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good info here. I would agree with my old pal Paulpsu as birdsnest is a great coral to show if things are out of wack. In great conditions it grows like weeds, but if something gets off track its the first to go. Monti's are the easiest imo.

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I aked this question is because, I had four sps corals in my tank, two acroporas one Bird of Paradise, and one Birds nest of some sort. The Bird of Pardise died after growing good in my tank for two months, but the Birds Nest is still looking great. I think one of the acros is dead also, but I think it was dieing when I got it. Anyway, that was the reason for the question, maybe I can buy some stuff I might not kill as fast. iReefer, that was pretty good, lol lol Brown sps's lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back