A hole on the maxima clam

Hitman66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I bought a maxima clam two days ago, and I see A hole on the clam , I can see the other side from inside this hole!
Is this a normal hole?
IMG_20221016_212824.jpg

CWoods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two openings in the mantle. One that water goes into and the other comes out. if you're seeing through either of the holes and are seeing substrate then the clam is probably doomed.

OP
OP
H

Hitman66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
در مانتو دو دهانه وجود دارد. یکی که آب در آن می رود و دیگری بیرون می آید. اگر از هر یک از سوراخ ها می بینید و زیرلایه را می بینید، احتمالاً صدف محکوم به فنا است.

There are two openings in the mantle. One that water goes into and the other comes out. if you're seeing through either of the holes and are seeing substrate then the clam is probably doomed.
Yes , I can see the substrate through the hole :|
In normally, Shouldn't be seen?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all, your clams is a Crocea instead of a Maxima.
And yes, you can see the substrate looking through the intake opening, especially in stressed clams and the ones that are this and lost a lot of it's tissue inside. While it is possible to see this, often in healthy clams, the amount of tissue inside the shell will prevent us from looking right through him. Looking at the edge of the shells, is there a white, new growth area that is clearly there? This is the best indication that the clam is healthy and growing up until now. I never buy a clam without seeing that there are new growth on the shells.
The clam mantle extension is good. I hope he will recover well for you.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back