A little confused

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t understand what is going on with my tank, I’ve had a sailfin tang for about two months and it has been doing great. Last week I decided to buy a blue hippo tang and it was doing fine , Two nights ago I found my sailfin dead checked all my water levels and everything was up to par, then last night I noticed my blue tang was laying on its side which I know sometimes they do this when they are stressed but then this morning I found him completely dead also... just don’t understand what’s going on I also have two clowns and one damsel and a goby in a 60 gallon tank.... tank has been running for a little bit over nine months and have not had anything die until I started with the tangs
While a 60 gallon tank would be too small for those fish long term, that wouldn’t be the direct cause of death in this case.
Trouble is, without symptoms to work with, I can’t say why the tangs died. Just be sure to watch your remaining fish closely for spots, rapid breathing or lack of feeding. Don’t get any new fish until you are certain that the remaining fish are ok....at least 2 weeks.
Jay

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robin Williams Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Welcome to R2R!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back