A little help please

stephaniemorales428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Stephanie. I’m about 2 months into my biocube 32. Just fish and a cute crab for now. Had 20 gallon make shift tank which was a lot more work! I want to be sure I can keep the parameters good before I add coral. Can anyone tell me or show me a good flow in the back 3 chambers? I’m not sure how much water needs to be on the tank. I’ve had no issues but I’m just trying to perfect this new saltwater aquarium hobby. I’ve had freshwater for 3 years. I’ll up to a 40 gallon on my fresh. I definitely want to go bigger on my saltwater but 1 step at a time. Any help would be appreciated

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Stephanie. I’m about 2 months into my biocube 32. Just fish and a cute crab for now. Had 20 gallon make shift tank which was a lot more work! I want to be sure I can keep the parameters good before I add coral. Can anyone tell me or show me a good flow in the back 3 chambers? I’m not sure how much water needs to be on the tank. I’ve had no issues but I’m just trying to perfect this new saltwater aquarium hobby. I’ve had freshwater for 3 years. I’ll up to a 40 gallon on my fresh. I definitely want to go bigger on my saltwater but 1 step at a time. Any help would be appreciated
Are you using the stock filter and media rack or did you go with an intank media basket upgrade?

Adolfo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome r2r.jpg

damsels are not mean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nanocube, similar tank. The flow in the back is not really important. It's dictated by the pumps you have (I assume you are using the ones that came with the tank) and as long as you are not getting bubbles or noises it's enough. I like to just fill it up as much as I can. More water is never bad.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A sicce 1.5 pump would be adequate. Chamber should have return pump and optional - Media basket and even a nano skimmer such as IceCap K1-50

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Stephanie and Welcome! I'm Lisa. Glad you joined. Let me give you a BIG "HOWDY" from your Grand Prairie 'neighbor' near new IKEA.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Fort Worth - next Sat 12/10 is last event of 2022 and kicks off local hobby club Dallas Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society's 30 year anniversary (I've only belonged couple years):

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
S

stephaniemorales428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the stock filter and media rack or did you go with an intank media basket upgrade?
I have the media basket. Right now I have the original filter with some media but I’m thinking I’m going to just get floss and some other media. I feel like the floss works better.

Back