A Little lighting reassurance

  • Thread starter Thread starter Manose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,165
Reaction score
4,452
Location
Johnson City, Tn
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am ordering this tank https://www.innovative-marine.com/shop/EXT-100-Gallon-Complete-Reef-System-–-White-p533177011
I have horrible OCD so I double and triple check everything so bear with me.
I have 2 36in hybrid fixtures that are joined together(they where designed that way) on my current tank but I am gonna take one fixture and use it with 3 of my radion xr15 g5 blues on this new tank.
I think this should rock this tank but want to make sure before I go this way. (t5 bulbs will be 2 coral plus and 2 actinic)
Any suggestions please let me know
These hybrids have wing so I can move them as seen below
PXL_20240626_181441389.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20240626_181459193.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg
PXL_20240626_181527651.RAW-01.MP.COVER.jpg
 
Radion and T5 is a top tier lighting setup.

I would go with 2 blue plus and 2 aqua blue specials for a more white look from your T5.

The Radion blues are going to add plenty of blue pop, you don’t need 2 actinic bulbs.
 
Radion and T5 is a top tier lighting setup.

I would go with 2 blue plus and 2 aqua blue specials for a more white look from your T5.

The Radion blues are going to add plenty of blue pop, you don’t need 2 actinic bulbs.
Yeah I was thinking 2 coral plus and 2 blue plus
 
I take it you are not a fan of radion?
Not the xr15 they have horrible par numbers.. 30’s are okay. I sold my radions and went back to halides myself. The 15 with a t5 will work fine thou.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new