A new build 40 gal Breeder.

  • Thread starter Thread starter PGriff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PGriff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2019
Messages
132
Reaction score
67
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, i am new to the reefing world. I'm starting a 40 gal AIO fish/reef tank. I'll post pictures later as it's being built, i'm still waiting for part to come before i can start. Since i have time i thought i would see if i could get some advise. Here's some information that might be helpful.

The tank is 35 L X 17 W X 15.5 D I'm taking roughly 8 inches from the length to make a refugium, i've changed it from a HOB to make it bigger. Bottom line is, I have roughly 27 L X 17 W X 15.5 D or roughly 30 gals of display.

I intend to cycle the tank then put in a clean up crew and start with fish over a 5 month time period or so... basically letting the tank normalize itself. Then start with some coral, i'm not sure which ones yet, i'm still doing research. Anyways, since i really wont need any lighting untill mid Feb. i thought i'd come here and ask for some ideas. I'd like to try and keep it around $200 bucks and it would be nice if it had a programable 24hr feature. You have any ideas or need more info please let me know.
 
Take a look at SB Reeflights. I have the 45" Ultra on my 90. Nice light, plenty of power. For a smaller tank, they do make a smaller version. Controllable from your phone and no fan so it's absolutely quiet. For something a bit less, check out the Wi-Fi Extreme units. SB Reeflights is known for having very nice quality emitters on their units.
 
Take a look at SB Reeflights. I have the 45" Ultra on my 90. Nice light, plenty of power. For a smaller tank, they do make a smaller version. Controllable from your phone and no fan so it's absolutely quiet. For something a bit less, check out the Wi-Fi Extreme units. SB Reeflights is known for having very nice quality emitters on their units.


Thank you. I'll check them out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new