A new R2R user Badge? What do you think?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been hanging out and trying to get the hospitality award. However I don't want to have to Pay money to get badges, while I do agree supporting this amazing community is worth it, its just not in the cards financially for me. So I've been trying to earn them without spending money. All my money goes to my tank! Lol. Its all good, I enjoy this community.

Well hopefully we will make a way to where you know exactly how to earn the badges and it's something that can be measured.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been hanging out and trying to get the hospitality award. However I don't want to have to Pay money to get badges, while I do agree supporting this amazing community is worth it, its just not in the cards financially for me. So I've been trying to earn them without spending money. All my money goes to my tank! Lol. Its all good, I enjoy this community.
Supporting member or not were thrilled to have you with us :) keep on greeting members that hospitality award will come ;)

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well hopefully we will make a way to where you know exactly how to earn the badges and it's something that can be measured.
Sounds like a plan Rev! Hey all I can say is thanks for creating this! I don't know that I've ever had a place that has as much info and great people for ANY hobby as this one does. And its all because of you and the amazing staff of this forum! Thanks to all staff for all you do!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't want to encourage the behavior that earned that one... :rolleyes:
R u sure? I can send another one out. I got @revhtree this past Monday. He knew as soon as he got it and opened it over the garbage lol

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like a plan Rev! Hey all I can say is thanks for creating this! I don't know that I've ever had a place that has as much info and great people for ANY hobby as this one does. And its all because of you and the amazing staff of this forum! Thanks to all staff for all you do!

Thank you for being a great member and thank you to all of our amazing staff and members! We all make this community what it is and that's why we got to keep rocking on!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
R u sure? I can send another one out. I got @revhtree this past Monday. He knew as soon as he got it and opened it over the garbage lol

I would have liked this post but I don't like it....

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, this new badge. Would it be for informational/discussion/general interest sorts of threads? Or would it include "How are my parameters" and "what the heck is this?" type of threads?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now we gotta know what was in the package! Glitter bomb??
It was a happy birthday card....with other things in it
IMG_4499.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, this new badge. Would it be for informational/discussion/general interest sorts of threads? Or would it include "How are my parameters" and "what the heck is this?" type of threads?

It would have to exclude threads like you mentioned. Would love to hear some of your ideas as to which types we should include!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm late for work but I do have one comment, "User" isn't always a positive term.

I don't have an immediate alternative, but please don't call your members users?

HTH. Providers? Provisioners. I suspect you already have thought of this, but just in case .

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some of you like badges and some of you don't. For those that don't just ignore this thread! For everyone else I would like your input please!

So Facebook gives a little icon to users who create content so I was thinking maybe we could do the same. What about a badge for members who consistently create good threads and to be a "good thread" it would have to meet certain criteria like so many views, so many responses, so many likes etc.. Something like that.

What do y'all think?

bigstock-People-Engaged-In-Content-Crea-353951300.jpg
You could break this up into sub categories too, all with their own badge. As there is so many different areas in this hobby. Someone that focuses on Anemones for instance and creating good thoughtful disccusion inducing posts could get a Nemstarter badge or something like that.

Otherwise as a general just create a good "thread" I think its a great idea. I've tried doing this in the past on my local forums, always get some great discussion going regarding certain topics. Name it "threadbuilder"!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, that badge is a one and done. Exclusive to crabs only :)

I have to say, I love the fact that there is a badge so unique that it can only belong to one person. IT makes me smile every time someone mentions it.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch admin twitch when they see my name pop up!

Quoted from above, I will accept a black badge with silver or white writing that says this! ;)
I think it's a moral imperative that @najer gets this badge as soon as possible!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Absolutely-
We often see good advice and those that are thankful.
It should be significant and not “ sorry for Your loss, and i wish I could give your fish CPR”

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I'm late for work but I do have one comment, "User" isn't always a positive term.

I don't have an immediate alternative, but please don't call your members users?

HTH. Providers? Provisioners. I suspect you already have thought of this, but just in case .

You will very rarely ever see me use that term when referring to our community members but in this case I feel it is appropriate. I was speaking about something technical in technical terms. But pardon me if I offended you.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back