A new R2R user Badge? What do you think?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the input so far.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I barely understand the badges now! Just figured out you can click on a build thread badge and it takes you to the build thread!

Check it out!!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree i think it’s a great idea. I love collecting badges (I’m a weird fish I know lol)

but I also just love this community. It’d be pretty cool to have a commendation for furthering the knowledge and goodness of this community

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will very rarely ever see me use that term when referring to our community members but in this case I feel it is appropriate. I was speaking about something technical in technical terms. But pardon me if I offended you.
No apology need, sir. I know you are careful with how you interact with folk and I felt compelled to mention my concern. Thanks for this beautiful site for reefers to enjoy

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No apology need, sir. I know you are careful with how you interact with folk and I felt compelled to mention my concern. Thanks for this beautiful site for reefers to enjoy
Private message is a great tool for this purpose. Why call someone out like that for something you know was said with no ill intent?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
badges are cool, yes,but off topic ,more concerned w sad and wow emoji not giving well deserved reaction points to members;):)

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I barely understand the badges now! Just figured out you can click on a build thread badge and it takes you to the build thread!
Along the same note, when new badges are created, may I suggest adding its description to the link below? Some badge meanings aren't clear, and were never updated in the article below, such as Reef Tank 365.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local club/ forum badges would be cool and serve a purpose. I think I've seen a few already. WTB TCMAS badge!

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there somewhere I can find a glossary of all the available badges and how to earn them? If not, can we suggest a chart in a sticky in the new member area? I'm kind of a "collector" (a bad attribute when you own corals) once I know there is a chance to collect things....
Thanks!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there somewhere I can find a glossary of all the available badges and how to earn them? If not, can we suggest a chart in a sticky in the new member area? I'm kind of a "collector" (a bad attribute when you own corals) once I know there is a chance to collect things....
Thanks!
here you go:)

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that could potentially be awesome! A badge for a Youtube channel would be cool, or maybe badges for independent sellers? More person-specific badges (like Crab's Glitter Fairy badge) would be cool too, for more defines members of the community.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some of you like badges and some of you don't. For those that don't just ignore this thread! For everyone else I would like your input please!

So Facebook gives a little icon to users who create content so I was thinking maybe we could do the same. What about a badge for members who consistently create good threads and to be a "good thread" it would have to meet certain criteria like so many views, so many responses, so many likes etc.. Something like that.

What do y'all think?

bigstock-People-Engaged-In-Content-Crea-353951300.jpg
Being one of those "badge" people I'm always for creating a new one. For this one in particular I'm curious how it differs from the R2R Excellence badge? Maybe I'm missing context for the Excellence badge itself. With that said I still would vote for another badge, I do like the different color schemes/patterns the 2021 Partner Member badge is HOT like Hansel! I'm still working on getting the Glitter Fairy badge... even though I have no idea what I'm doing to get it :)

giphy.gif

Looking forward to seeing where this goes! Watching and waiting:)

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back