A new R2R user Badge? What do you think?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know some of you like badges and some of you don't. For those that don't just ignore this thread! For everyone else I would like your input please!

So Facebook gives a little icon to users who create content so I was thinking maybe we could do the same. What about a badge for members who consistently create good threads and to be a "good thread" it would have to meet certain criteria like so many views, so many responses, so many likes etc.. Something like that.

What do y'all think?

bigstock-People-Engaged-In-Content-Crea-353951300.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Would this currently fall under the Excellence badge? That one does not seem well defined.

No but yes we need to define that better to you guys.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this currently fall under the Excellence badge? That one does not seem well defined.

9E5B4D84-604E-4229-8CF5-278A42D54ABD.jpeg
It’s more about being part of the community I guess.I never judge a person by a badge but by the content and relevance of their contributions.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most of these badges are basically awards.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m all for it. badges =life

Something that you might could consider is the option to show or hide Badges next to names, cause I know some people don’t think they’re as serious as I do.

Oooooorrrr. There are aliases on the just dance game and titles on world Of Warcraft that people can earn and then choose which they want to show. There may be ideas where we can keep adding badges for those who love it, but keep names reasonable for those who don’t.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9E5B4D84-604E-4229-8CF5-278A42D54ABD.jpeg
It’s more about being part of the community I guess.I never judge a person by a badge but by the content and relevance of their contributions.

This post is why I thought creating good threads would fall under this badge, but I guess not.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be for badges based off of messages or reaction score. Those two are either based off of your participation or based off of others liking what you said or posted.
Likable participation seems to be the basis to the site so badges based off those numbers would be cool.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I can't get anymore badges, and I've been actively trying. So guess it doesn't matter! lol
Why can’t you get anymore? It took me a little while before I started getting them.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I can't get anymore badges, and I've been actively trying. So guess it doesn't matter! lol
Another badge would only cost you $25 per year. Then there’s the hospitality award. Hang out in the meet and greet and welcome every new member. Won’t be long until you have that one also. Partner member badge will come for $100. I don’t know how one gets a GLITTER FAIRY badge but @Crabs McJones might know. I think it involves covering your friends in glitter.
giphy.gif

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

If we can make them "measurable" then you would know exactly what to do to earn them.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another badge would only cost you $25 per year. Then there’s the hospitality award. Hang out in the meet and greet and welcome every new member. Won’t be long until you have that one also. Partner member badge will come for $100. I don’t know how one gets a GLITTER FAIRY badge but @Crabs McJones might know. I think it involves covering your friends in glitter.
giphy.gif
Sorry, that badge is a one and done. Exclusive to crabs only :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif
I have been hanging out and trying to get the hospitality award. However I don't want to have to Pay money to get badges, while I do agree supporting this amazing community is worth it, its just not in the cards financially for me. So I've been trying to earn them without spending money. All my money goes to my tank! Lol. Its all good, I enjoy this community.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back