A place to buy Chloroquine

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal tangs typically don't do well in CP. There are some people who have got them through it, but not enough for me to use CP on one. I had a regal about the same size I treated in copper, it was the fish that caused my ich and velvet outbreak and wiped out the whole tank. Regal stopped eating, lived over a month like that, tried live black worms, live brine, every kind of nori I had, and anything else I could and just refused to eat and didn't make it. Hopefully yours starts eating again soon.

I had read that too and planned on pulling him from the beginning if he did not do well. The regal tang had been hiding (away from the light in the display) and I figured that was due to the velvet. He hides out now 24/7 and acts like I'm going to eat him if I get close to the tank to check on him. I've tried all of the favorite foods and leave a nori clip in there as well. I thought that taking him out of the CP would restore his appetite but it has not. His eyes also look very strange, almost look dead even though his color is fine and he still has some weight on him. I'm wondering if something has blinded him?

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB0C6DAE-A8B9-429A-94F2-4A7B64E09CF4.jpeg
It's day 18 of the CP treatment and all fish look as healthy as they ever have. I pulled the regal tang out last week as he was not eating at all. I set up a little 10 gallon just for him (he is the size of a 1/2 dollar) and still cannot get him to eat anything. I am running no medication in the 10 gallon. He spends his day wedged under the heater and I am really worried that if he does not eat soon, he will die. I have started feeding the rest of the fish food soaked in metro + focus to take care of anything internal that they might have. I have been doing a 75 percent water change every 4-5 days to keep ammonia at bay and I'm not sure if the HOB filter that I am using just hasn't established enough of a bio filter yet or it is undersized for the load. I add the proper dosage of CP to the water change water each time to keep the levels where they need to be and plan on removing the medicine at day 30. I will add the fish minus the angels back to the main display at 70 days total QT. I plan on rehoming the angels once fully treated. So far, so good other than having to maintain 5 aquariums!

Update:

The Regal tang had not eaten or barely moved for that matter for over 10 days in the ten gallon HT. I decided to end the CP treatment at 25 days in the main HT and add the regal tang back with his tankmates as a last ditch effort to save him. I did a 85 % water change and added Poly filters to the HOB to get the rest of the meds out. I am happy to report that as of this morning he is out swimming around and eating again! I guess he missed his friends? No signs of velvet or ich on any of the fish at this point and I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB0C6DAE-A8B9-429A-94F2-4A7B64E09CF4.jpeg

Update:

The Regal tang had not eaten or barely moved for that matter for over 10 days in the ten gallon HT. I decided to end the CP treatment at 25 days in the main HT and add the regal tang back with his tankmates as a last ditch effort to save him. I did a 85 % water change and added Poly filters to the HOB to get the rest of the meds out. I am happy to report that as of this morning he is out swimming around and eating again! I guess he missed his friends? No signs of velvet or ich on any of the fish at this point and I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Nice update [emoji106]. I have CP now so I’m fully prepped now. I have two tangs in QT right now and going to put CP in once the 2nd round of prazi is done.

I am a little concerned for one of the tangs since it likes to eat algae on the glass - there won’t be any algae once CP goes in [emoji50]

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice update [emoji106]. I have CP now so I’m fully prepped now. I have two tangs in QT right now and going to put CP in once the 2nd round of prazi is done.

I am a little concerned for one of the tangs since it likes to eat algae on the glass - there won’t be any algae once CP goes in [emoji50]

Use some nori clips. I keep mine filled so they can graze all day.

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but here goes. Is CP better than the copper products or just more difficult to obtain? I am going to soon be QT'ing a Kole Tang, a Clown and maybe something else.

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old thread but here goes. Is CP better than the copper products or just more difficult to obtain? I am going to soon be QT'ing a Kole Tang, a Clown and maybe something else.

I prefer it over copper for ich and velvet treatment. It’s much more forgiving and easier on the fish IMO. Works quicker than copper does too. Don’t use it on any wrasse, pipefish or seahorse... I would also avoid hippo tangs, they don’t have a good track record with CP. quality CP is more difficult to obtain without a vet prescription.

JAM-MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer it over copper for ich and velvet treatment. It’s much more forgiving and easier on the fish IMO. Works quicker than copper does too. Don’t use it on any wrasse, pipefish or seahorse... I would also avoid hippo tangs, they don’t have a good track record with CP. quality CP is more difficult to obtain without a vet prescription.
Actually, I just ordered 100 g of chloroquine biphosphate pharmaceutical grade without an Rx.

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest dumping a bunch of chemicals into the water with already stressed fished is a more than a little disconcerting.

JAM-MAN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know it is the real deal and 99% pure?
I spoke with them, they offered to send a copy of the certificate of purity. They sell the gamut of therapeutics for aqua culture. Short of an analysis not much else one can do.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I get chloroquine phosphate from Diamond Back pharmacy. What is Biphosphate?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back