A quick Hello

John Liquorish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.
My name is John. I live now in Australia, (originally from the UK).
I first started in 1987 with marine fishkeeping, having to learn myself back then from anything I heard or saw. I did have tropical freshwater before then for some years.
I stopped having a marine tank when we first moved to Australia in the mid 90's, but always looked in the odd aquarium shop at it all from time to time. We Just couldn't afford to get back into the hobby with a new life to start, and kids as well.
So we just had tropical tanks on and off. We were never totally happy with tropical, due to having marine setups in the past.
We finally got a 4ft marine setup given to us, that needed a bit of repair, but it was a start.
We are now onto our second, and 3rd marine setup since that one.
Now mine is an 8ft and my wife wanted here own, so she has a small corner marine tank to play around with.
My 8ft tank is more the natural way of running, using heaps of Chaeto in a Refugium together with live rock in the sump here and there.
Due to low funds, my sump is still a temporary sump, made from 3 large plastic storage containers.
But I do have a glass sump planned for it in the future, so the temporary ones just give me room to test things out before committing myself to the finally design I want.
Some people may have already seen my tank pic, as I do upload many to my facebook. But for those that haven't, then here is a photo of the tank I am up to now.

kevinsmixed90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! that would be my dream tank! beautiful! and, WELCOME to R2R! John, nothing like moving to Australia to get next to the great barrier reef! Enjoy:D

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank, and welcome to R2R!

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Stunning tank! Welcome to the community!

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.
My name is John. I live now in Australia, (originally from the UK).
I first started in 1987 with marine fishkeeping, having to learn myself back then from anything I heard or saw. I did have tropical freshwater before then for some years.
I stopped having a marine tank when we first moved to Australia in the mid 90's, but always looked in the odd aquarium shop at it all from time to time. We Just couldn't afford to get back into the hobby with a new life to start, and kids as well.
So we just had tropical tanks on and off. We were never totally happy with tropical, due to having marine setups in the past.
We finally got a 4ft marine setup given to us, that needed a bit of repair, but it was a start.
We are now onto our second, and 3rd marine setup since that one.
Now mine is an 8ft and my wife wanted here own, so she has a small corner marine tank to play around with.
My 8ft tank is more the natural way of running, using heaps of Chaeto in a Refugium together with live rock in the sump here and there.
Due to low funds, my sump is still a temporary sump, made from 3 large plastic storage containers.
But I do have a glass sump planned for it in the future, so the temporary ones just give me room to test things out before committing myself to the finally design I want.
Some people may have already seen my tank pic, as I do upload many to my facebook. But for those that haven't, then here is a photo of the tank I am up to now.

good looking tank

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Great looking tank ;)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you'll love it here!

That's an absolutely stunning tank!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! Please share your tank and details about your system in the Member's tank section!! I would love to hear more about your tank!! :)

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 38 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 26 19.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 31 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back