A Sad Day... a Amazon/Red Sea NOS tale

ZJedi945

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now unfortunately I didn't take many photo but I did take some....

So let's begin.... One of the best looking tanks in my own opinion was the Red Sea 130D. Its curved glass was all but stunning while lit up with sooo awesome PCs. Sorry LEDs… T5s grow coral like mad! I have been wanting to get that tank for pretty much as long as I have been in the hobby, about 5 years now. One day I was just looking around CL and other avenues. For some reason I went to amazon thinking, oh you never know what you will find on there. GUESS what they had a brand new in box Red Sea 130D for a decent price. It was in the amazon warehouse deals and the only thing it was lacking was the stand. I was guessing it was NOS or New Old Stock because of the stand not being included. Oh well. I was thinking for a grow out/frag tank I could build I bigger stand to have a work area.

So I ordered it last week and today it finally came I was pumped! When it came off the truck I was thinking who and why the heck did they pack it like that.... I was getting excited because there was a part of me that though it was going to be a brown box with just the glass tank inside. Once I got though the bubble wrap and cut open the box and saw the hood I was like SCORE!!!!! then I removed the hood like it tells you to and my heart just dropped. I saw a little bit of glass on top. I was thinking of maybe it chipped or the light broke... OH well... then I noticed it... for the love of god... the rear, left side and front glass was shattered!

It was such a let down. The hood brand spankin' new... all of the parts brand spankin' new and the glass cracked more than humpty dumpty. The sad thing is all of that is going to go in a dumpster at amazon in a few days. The one good thing is I will get a full refund from amazon. So I taped it back up printed out the label and took it to the UPS store near me. The look on their face was priceless when I said "that's how they shipped it to me" hahah! At least at the end of the day I got a laugh out of it.

So the quest continues... there has to be a 130D out there somewhere with my name on it.

IMG_5137.JPG

IMG_5138.JPG

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5140.JPG

OP
OP
ZJedi945

ZJedi945

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry to hear that! Im sure ypu will find what you are looking for!
Crazy hiw they shipped the tank...no fragile labels, nothing
Well there was one small orange one on the top... OH they will see that for sure! Why not put one on each side. Must have ran out of stickers HA

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely understand :(. I got 3 7gal cubes sent to me very similarly, all broken, from Amazon. I got a full refund for each, and after the first they didn't want the broken glass back again, so I actually used the non-broken pieces of the second and third shipments to make a whole tank. Not the experience I was expecting, but it worked out for me in the end.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back