Rating - 100%
14   0   0
WELCOME32.gif

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping freshwater tanks for a number of years and finally decided to take the plunge into saltwater... and make it harder by going for seahorses. Soft corals are harder to find in Australia than I thought.

My tank has finally finished cycling after over a month of waiting, and the seahorses will be arriving next week. Never been so nervous.

Anyways, nice to be a part of this community!
Welcome to the community and the hobby! Seahorses, so fun! I kept a 60 gal hexagon tank with just Seahorses, it was a lot of fun. What temperature are you keeping your water at? I assume you have done some research on keeping them? I'm glad to hear you just calling it a seahorse tank meaning you probably won't be putting other inhabitants in it that will end up competing for the food. Seahorses are very slow eaters that like cooler temperatures and low current. This will be a great opportunity though for some really nice specimens like Carnation corals, gorgonians, sponges, tunicates and x-mas tree worms. You may want to if you haven't already get a nice solid population of Copepods going in there. It will definitely help in the long run; free food for all of your filter feeding inhabitants!

FB_IMG_1593352806060.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%

Back