A story about a clownfish

Dexedrine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 2020 I️ started My first reef tank sold to me by a friend cycled and bought 2 “black snowflake” clown fish that were very small juveniles. It was a 25 gallon cube and they were mates from the start.

She was protective and gentle. He was really dumb. They worked well together

I️ bought an anemone a couple months later and was so excited to see my clown fish being hosted by my return pump nozzle in the back of the tank. He freaked out and jumped into the back filter chambers several times and we thought he died only To follow her to the bottom of the back of the tank to find she knew he was behind the wall.

Every day the anemone grew and every day she would keep him and her away from it. He was interested. She said no.

When they changed tanks and the anemones split like mofos, they started to both run their bodies over the rocks where the nems had been. After months of this and then still being hosted by the return nozzle, they dipped their fins in.

I️ tell You this, my fellow reefers, because I️ know I am not alone. It can happen!! Tape pictures of clowns and nems!! So what it takes! Be patient!

Here is a video of the baddest fish and her slightly slow mate.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had two clowns in my 20g for almost two years. Eight months ago I added a rbta. It went completely unnoticed for 3 mos. Then the female found it and has been in it or under it since. The male continued to hang out in his corner oblivious to the nem. Two days ago I noticed the male swim thru the nem and do a little shake. He didn't stay but now he knows it's there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back