A360X Not saving profile?

PRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - I have a pair of A360X's connected via K-Link and a WiFi Dongle. I changed my lighting profile to run from 8am to 10pm because I don't usually get to sit down and watch the tank until the lights are almost out, and so I extended it and lowered the intensity for the afternoon/evening periods so , but the lights keep turning off and going to moonlight mode at 8pm. I can swap the lights to different profiles in the Kessil app, so I know the App->Dongle connection is working and the app is actually communicating with the lights, but every time I try to save the 14h schedule it won't actually use it. The app thinks that the lights are using it however, because I'll have the app telling me the lights are still on with color and intensity settings while the lights are actually in moonlight mode in front of me. Is there something in the lights that won't allow for more than a 12h photo period?

Settings in App:
8am Color - 20, Intensity - 1, Violet - 1, Red - 1, Green - 0
10am Col2or - 20, Intensity - 75, Violet - 100, Red - 20, Green - 0
1pm Color - 20, Intensity - 75, Violet - 100, Red - 20, Green - 0
5pm Color - 20, Intensity - 70, Violet - 100, Red - 20, Green - 0
8pm Color - 20, Intensity - 60, Violet - 100, Red - 20, Green - 0
10pm Color - 20, Intensity - 0, Violet - 0, Red - 0, Green - 0

OP
OP
P

PRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - I have a pair of A360X's connected via K-Link and a WiFi Dongle. I changed my lighting profile to run from 8am to 10pm because I don't usually get to sit down and watch the tank until the lights are almost out, and so I extended it and lowered the intensity for the afternoon/evening periods so , but the lights keep turning off and going to moonlight mode at 8pm. I can swap the lights to different profiles in the Kessil app, so I know the App->Dongle connection is working and the app is actually communicating with the lights, but every time I try to save the 14h schedule it won't actually use it. The app thinks that the lights are using it however, because I'll have the app telling me the lights are still on with color and intensity settings while the lights are actually in moonlight mode in front of me. Is there something in the lights that won't allow for more than a 12h photo period?

Settings in App:
8am Color - 20, Intensity - 1, Violet - 1, Red - 1, Green - 0
10am Col2or - 20, Intensity - 75, Violet - 100, Red - 20, Green - 0
1pm Color - 20, Intensity - 75, Violet - 100, Red - 20, Green - 0
5pm Color - 20, Intensity - 70, Violet - 100, Red - 20, Green - 0
8pm Color - 20, Intensity - 60, Violet - 100, Red - 20, Green - 0
10pm Color - 20, Intensity - 0, Violet - 0, Red - 0, Green - 0
Well, considering that Kessil isn't answering emails, support requests, or this forum, I figured this out on my own. Seems that it was the moonlight settings. They're stored independently from the actual lighting profile and override it - so even though my lights were scheduled to run until 10pm, the moonlight schedule shut the lights off at 8pm in order to turn on the moonlight channel. I'm going to hope this is a bug of some sort, otherwise it's a pretty poor design decision from both a UX and functional standpoint. Moonlighting and other special effects should augment a lighting schedule, not override it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back