A7r III + Tamron 28-75 f2.8

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple sample shots, it's no macro lens, but the res of the A7r III helps a lot! I have an 85mm lens that I'm going to mess with some extension tubes and see what it can really do tomorrow, just figured I would share lol

If anybody has any minolta lens recommendations for the sony mount adapter I'm all ears, I'd rather not break the bank right now for a dedicated macro lens (yet lol)

Green Acan Colony by Jim, on Flickr

Zoas by Jim, on Flickr

Duncan Colony by Jim Devine, on Flickr

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shots. What’s the lighting on the tank any post processing done? You still have room to crop if you’re aiming for a macro like shot

OP
OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice shots. What’s the lighting on the tank any post processing done? You still have room to crop if you’re aiming for a macro like shot

Definitely still a little room to bring it in.

Lighting on the tank is 2 Viparspectre black box LED units. Only post was some cropping, slight color adjustment and temp adjustment

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had results better than a macro lense using a 50mm with extension tubes. Try using that 85mm u said u have with the tubes and you should be getting much better magnification and quality.

OP
OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had results better than a macro lense using a 50mm with extension tubes. Try using that 85mm u said u have with the tubes and you should be getting much better magnification and quality.
Gave it a shot, but was struggling with minimum focusing distance, a lot of my coral is pretty close to the glass so it wasn't getting the job done too well.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%

Back