• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

aaronk

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I have my money back, I feel better about this.

aaronk contacted me regarding an apex unit:

4/26/2015: aaronk: Hi - i have a apex fs if your intrested haven't posted it yet ill go 300 shipped it the full apex

Various back and forth with me asking for pics and such.

4/27/2015: aaronk: Yes, both temp display, its a whole unit (after I asked if included pH and Temp)
4/27/2015: aaronk: (after asked if there was any water damage, and if unit works): Nope, nothing wrong
4/27/2015: aaronk: (after I sent the money) - Ty, I'll ship in the AM
4/27/2015: me: Please provide tracking information
4/28/2015: me: Please provide tracking information - did it get shipped?
4/29/2015: me: Any idea when this will arrive, do you have the tracking number? (at this point, I'm suspecting robbery here).
4/30/2015: aaronk: B there tomorrow, I'll sent tracking in a few (after I again asked for tracking information)
4/30/2015: aaronk (1 hour later):
U need to start a claim my wife was the one shipping this out n she failed to tell me she never did cus she dropped and broke it
4/30/2015: aaronk (after I said, fine, just refund the payment - easily done on paypal):
Claim because I spent money and I don't get paid for 1 week
4/30/2015: aaronk: I'm sorry i called already (paypal) and told them the situation (paypal btw, has no record of this conversation or notification).

Be very wary about dealing with this cat. Never did ship out the unit, but was very very eager and quick to take the money and instead of refunding, made me go through Paypal.

My first inclination was to wait and get a new unit, but for the price, was hard to resist. In hindsight, no one sells Apex's with temp and pH for $300, and now that I know this, I'll just spend the extra money and get a new unit.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back