Aaron's 1,000+ gallon reef build

My daughter was jumping at the chance to get in the tank. So I had her clean all the loose sand off the bottom. Then had her wave off all the “dust” on the rocks. She loved it.
53558cb92202cb9d262c6ccacd9bd2c2.jpg

65963461276cae133738761b1006aefa.jpg
Looks like she is having a great time, stone looks good as well.
 
Yes I am!
My family has had him for years and he is to large for any of my 4 tanks lol! I was going to sell him but I would much rather see him in this, maybe you have a coral for trade? I am going to breakdown my moms tank next weekend and will need to relocate him. PM me your number and I'll send you the photo that I have of him.
 
My family has had him for years and he is to large for any of my 4 tanks lol! I was going to sell him but I would much rather see him in this, maybe you have a coral for trade? I am going to breakdown my moms tank next weekend and will need to relocate him. PM me your number and I'll send you the photo that I have of him.

Shot you a pm
 
I’m About 98% done with the outside cosmetics of the tank. For the top rim I decided to use trex planks. They’re water proof and can be removed easily if I ever have to change out a vortech (the wires for the vortechs run under the trex). Plus they add a good color which will all tie in with the color of the couch (still searching for the couch). I still need to tile the tops of the corners but that’ll happen next week. The skimmer on the left is just being stored there. Tried to get her up and running this week but she had a few leaks.
Oh and that American flag blanket is just there to block out the sun that sneaks through the blinds. I’m 36 days in to my cycle. Technically the cycle has finished but I’m going a bit longer just to be safe. Hopefully I’ll be adding a few fish (6 or so tangs and a school of chromis) early next month.
eec71c76fbea91c1158e9736a654259f.jpg

c5e5ebbf56cf774d0cace8998e731d52.jpg

feb16358e3f75b22765c44981492457c.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new