AB+ light program for Radion 4gen question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter chicago
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,775
Reaction score
569
Location
chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this should be in lighting forum but more for sps... so here is my question.. I run the program.. but on my Neptune par meter I am only peaking at 75 PAR. The AB program is very heavy blues and violets with only like 24percent whites... when I get the 75 par.... the light program is midday at 100 percent.... meaning the overall AB program is at 100 percent not the whites Ext at 100... this is for a QT frag tank... my frags are looking pale... thoughts... on folllowing..

Does the par meter have issues reading the blue lights..
 
How high off are the lights from the tank? Are you running acclimation on the lights as well? Post a pic of your light schedule so that we can see settings and intensity.

I run the PMK on my main display, and also run the AB+ schedule on my hydra26 hd with the aquaticlife hybrid 48 with 3 blue+ and 1 coral+. My meter is sitting about 6-8 inches under the surface amd I'm hett about 400-425 par at peak. My lights sit at around 10-11 inches off the surface.
 
The PAR meter will not read much under 400nm, that light does not have any true UV diodes (they lie and call violet diodes as UV when they are not). My guess is that you are pretty close since I do not think that the Neptune needs any correction factor applied - you can trust it.

Most LEDs will only produce output mostly in the PAR sensor range. If you have a unit like the Atlantik V4, then it will have UV and IR that a PAR meter will not capture, similar to MH or T5.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new