Abalone shell coming off

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15363781588972499956693166409395.jpg

What could be causing this? Is it hermit crabs? Or not enough algae?

It's for some weird reason still moving normal dispite half his shell being detached..
 
I’m not 100% sure on that. Don’t see a lot of abalone in tanks.

I would assume poor health or a stressor is some sort.

No sign of things like slime , stringy stuff , grossness ? That I think would be disese or infection.

Starvation is possible. And as it’s the shell , I’d wonder about you dosing the big three and the amount of corraline in the tank
 
I’m not 100% sure on that. Don’t see a lot of abalone in tanks.

I would assume poor health or a stressor is some sort.

No sign of things like slime , stringy stuff , grossness ? That I think would be disese or infection.

Starvation is possible. And as it’s the shell , I’d wonder about you dosing the big three and the amount of corraline in the tank

It looks very clean. So Im not sure if it's a infection. No slime whatsoever. I don't have iodine test. Not sure if that's a factor. My mg and Cal is 420 and 1305. Alk is 8to9dkh.
 
It looks very clean. So Im not sure if it's a infection. No slime whatsoever. I don't have iodine test. Not sure if that's a factor. My mg and Cal is 420 and 1305. Alk is 8to9dkh.
Also nothing fell so I can't think of it being the cause. Maybe I have a gorilla crab or my Halloween hermits are just too hungry. Hope this is recoverable
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new