• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ABC Reagents Customer service A+++++++++

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

14 foot reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to let the members know on Reef2Reef another vendor with outstanding customer service.
Background info .................................
I have been running a Neptune Trident for 2 + years. I run the minimum default schedule 4 test per day. The reagents I try to but when on sale because of cost.

I recently decided to give ABC Reagents a try. I ordered the A only accidentally not paying attention to my order, reach out to Jonas and immediately he shipped the B&C I also needed. great experience !!!
When they arrived, I was busy remodeling my entire sump room from head to toe, so they went on the shelf.

Got ready to mix last night after hours, and for the life of me thought I had misplaced half my order because the bottle count and sizes didn't match with online info and videos.
I reached out after hours by email and Jonas instantly answered and verified the counts and sizes were exactly correct, I do not misplace anything.

He has now engineered the solutions even more concentrated so instead of 8 large bottles, it was 4 tiny bottles that make up 2 complete gallons of reagent A !!!!!!!

Bravo Jonas as shipping is outrageous these days so this is a smart move and great for the environment because its a tenth of the plastic !!!!

Here's all you need to make 2 gallons of A reagent and 1 gallon each of B & C reagent.

Thanks a million Jonas for extreme customer service and innovation in the hobby !!!!!

IMG_8838.JPEG

Last edited:
OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy,
I really appreciate your dedication to this hobby, I will have to look into the details of this interaction.
I find it hard to believe someone here would question your science and knowledge

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy,
I really appreciate your dedication to this hobby, I will have to look into the details of this interaction.
I find it hard to believe someone here would question your science and knowledge

OK, I see the text now.

The only thread he (buserchem) posted in was removed and he was banned for TOS violations for schilling his own new company.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the text need to be in bold? I understand your excitement but it is a bit loud.

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll just say I am not a fan of this company and they way they acted at Reef2reef.
I suppose the counterpoint is how Jonas was treated by those with an interest in protecting the reagents sold by the device manufacturer. I've spoken with Jonas several times, both on-screen and not, and the value/access that ABC has provided the community is beyond contestation.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose the counterpoint is how Jonas was treated by those with an interest in protecting the reagents sold by the device manufacturer. I've spoken with Jonas several times, both on-screen and not, and the value/access that ABC has provided the community is beyond contestation.

I'm not going to debate posts that were removed. If folks recall what happened in 2021 and have different opinions than mine, that's certainly fine. None of the principles involved have been on Reef2Reef in the past year. I do not support his company or his behavior.

Last edited:

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to debate posts that were removed. If folks recall what happened and have different opinions than mine, that's certainly fine. I do not support his company or his behavior.
And yet you referenced the situation for no reason other than to provide a counterpoint to the OP's praise. Or maybe for another reason? One of life's mysteries.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yet you referenced the situation for no reason other than to provide a counterpoint to the OP's praise. Or maybe for another reason? One of life's mysteries.

Of course. If someone gives a company a plug in my forum and I do not support that company for any reason, I will give my opinion just as you want to give yours. Nothing odd about that, IMO.

I referenced the exact situation only to explain that when the OP said he wanted to check into the details, I explained why he would not find them (thread removed).

There are a variety of companies on my do not support list for any product they sell. There are a few on my do support list based on my respect for them, and a great many companies that I address on a product by product basis.

Gomi's Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course. If someone gives a company a plug in my forum and I do not support that company for any reason, I will give my opinion just as you want to give yours. Nothing odd about that, IMO.

I referenced the exact situation only to explain that when the OP said he wanted to check into the details, I explained why he would not find them (thread removed).

There are a variety of companies on my do not support list for any product they sell. There are a few on my do support list based on my respect for them, and a great many companies that I address on a product by product basis.
I have brought peace and justice to my new empire.

Your new empire?!

Your forum?!? Wow

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your new empire?!

Your forum?!? Wow

Not sure what you are getting at, but peace is not the goal of this empire. Truth is the goal.

Violate truth and suffer the consequences of being called out. :)

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your new empire?!

Your forum?!? Wow
This thread is within the Randy Holmes-Farley Sub-Forum of R2R... so yes...Randy's forum...

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, from a purely objective POV, is the product itself worthwhile? Meant for Dr. Randy

I assume it is simply a knockoff of the OEM reagents and folks seem to like it. :)

Ziggy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought ABC reagents to try a few months back. Resulted in some wonky test results for my Alk, Mag and Calc. Switched back to the Neptune solutions and tests went back to normal. Can’t speak of the customer service side of it though. Seems like a pretty menial CSR interaction to post on here and boast about though. IMO

Also, this thread belongs in the feedback area not in Randy’s lair as it doesn’t refer to reef chemistry but simply an atta boy for a company.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought ABC reagents to try a few months back. Resulted in some wonky test results for my Alk, Mag and Calc. Switched back to the Neptune solutions and tests went back to normal. Can’t speak of the customer service side of it though. Seems like a pretty menial CSR interaction to post on here and boast about though. IMO

Also, this thread belongs in the feedback area not in Randy’s lair as it doesn’t refer to reef chemistry but simply an atta boy for a company.

Good point on feedback.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back