• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Absinthe...do NOT buy from. Unreliable.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you're right sorry vetteman but to make up for it,

500y.jpg

congrats!

Absinthe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh also. you have one week. thanks.

Or what???

I cant stop anything with paypal. The issue is currently under investigation. You should have that email as well.

So you trash me all up and down the board here and then give me an ultimatum timeframe to get you the refund.

How about this.

How about I delay any refund 1 day for every negative comment you made towards me?

My reputation here is tarnished. Im not an online dealer or retailer so what incentive do I have to "save" my reputation?

Seems like it would be easier to just forget about a refund and go on my merry way.

You take an honest mistake and blow it up into this.

You called me a liar.

You called me a thief.

You called me irresponsible.

You called me stupid.

Liar? No. Thief? No. Stupid? Hardly. Irresponsible? Perhaps a bit.

Apparently having to work isnt an excuse for not being online at club-zoa, according to some people.

I told you in response to the first PM you sent me that the tracking info was in my car. I was at work at the time and couldnt just leave to go outside and get it. I dont stand around flipping burgers for a living.

In that PM you asked "when did you send the package? what is the tracking number?"

What did I tell you? I told you it was sent on 4/2 in the morning and that the tracking number was in my car and I would get it to you when I could.

Sorry for forgetting to get you the number sooner.

What difference would it have made? The package would still have gone to New York.

In fact, the way you were so persistent makes me think that this whole thing is a setup. Maybe YOU are the liar. Maybe YOU are the thief.

So now you want a refund after all the things you said.

And on top of that, you give me a one week deadline.

I have a better idea.

I'm going to sit on my butt here and when (more likely IF) I decide to refund you money, I will.

And IF I do, you will consider yourself lucky.

And IF I dont, consider it a penalty for not giving a person the benefit of the doubt and a tax for trying to ruin someones reputation over $35 and a PM that goes un-returned for less than 24 hours.

How that?

Oh, and you have one hour to respond to the above.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The timeframe wasn't meant to come off in an offensive manner. I thought it was rather giving you plenty of time to give me my money back. So no need to be upset.

Do not mistaken my posts as "trashing" because as far as it was related to you, I kept it straight to the point, backed up by reasons on why I was stating such facts. If I was trashing you, this thread would have been locked a long time ago and vetteman never would have reached his 450. :p

Even if it would have gone to NY, if you gave me a tracking number or stayed in touch, I would have KNOWN and possibly make some requests over to the local club members down in NY to pick up the package for me. Failing to do so resulted in this thread. Like I've said so many times previously, I can't see any other reasons but to shift the blame on you for this thread.

I called you those names before I spoke to you. I assumed you ran away with the money because that's the only assumption you allowed me to have without returning any of my PMs or threads. Now I know that it was shipped out, and this issue was based on a mistake. That still doesn't change the fact that it was based on irresponsible mistakes on your part.

I don't need to play ego games with you. Sit on your butt all you want. You still owe me the money based on principal and failure to listen to listructions. In the end, you'd be just doing the wrong thing, screwing me out of my money, staining your own reputation. I don't need an hour. I could watch an entire episode of Rome in that time ... :p

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*sigh*

I hate to see stuff like this happen :( It was an honest mistake and it sucks for both parties. I can see both sides of the coin in this situation. Honestly, this whole thing seems incredibly petty, especially since it was only over $35...a drop in the bucket when it comes to reef-related stuff. I would've given Ab at least 2 days to respond before coming on here and making it public. I really hope that this whole deal can get resolved soon, either by frags being replaced or money being refunded. Please try and be adults about this, name-calling and "I know you are but what am I" kinds of responses make people seem like 3 year olds :( I know that we're a better community than this.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mmm...no, not really. I was actually thanking you untill you decided to change your mind. If you'd like, we can continue this on the PM board. I stay true to my words and I will respect you if you made right of this situation. Nothing has been stained and I even said I will hold no grudge if you do so. What you don't realize is that people are observing to see how you will act as a seller. It really depends on you...

Also can we drop the issue of $35? It still doesn't make it right. Petty, in terms of how much. Insignificant in terms of what others spent. Would have bought more, but couldn't because others beat me to it. I'm glad it was only $35. If it was more than that I would have been more upset. It's still cash spent so leniency based strictly on the quantity of the product isn't really fair to either parties.

Absinthe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edited.... easy there. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good job. nice way of resolving a dispute. again, you remind me of my 10yr old sister. but i guess that's why you have a laywer. ;P

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you seriously baiting the mods? the very SAME mods who were more than nice about you finishing your sale? the SAME sale that i'm regretting so much? unbelievable...

Absinthe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno...thought by maybe following your tactics it would work. Trash the other person then ask for a refund.

I want my insulating foam back. When can I expect it in the mail?

Absinthe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man.

All you had to do was send me a PM saying "You sent the corals to the wrong address" and give me at least 24 hours to get online and check it. You would have had your money already.

Instead...

So Im going to play your game. The game you started.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really sorry you think I was starting a game. All you had to do was respond to my PMs and at least I would be able to know that you sent it to the wrong addresse. Why do you keep ruining your own reputation?

I gave you more than 24 hours to respond to all my previous PMs. You were busy with work. Fine. You seem to have plenty of time after this thread was started. You simply don't make any sense. Remember what we talked about? Only posting if you have something productive to say for your own sake?

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh btw. Styrofoam's in NY apparently. Go get it yourself.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mazel tov. :) plenty of time for you to resolve the issue then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 113 57.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.7%
Back