• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Absinthe...do NOT buy from. Unreliable.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of courtesy, I won't go into full detail about the issue unless Absinthe disagrees with me. I paid for an item and it never got shipped. Communcation has been lost, even though I've seen him frequent the cz board within the last few days. Judging by his actions, I'm simply going to consider this a thievery and filing a claim through paypal. Hopefully you can explain yourself to us Absinthe so we can resolve this issue, or at least help me understand what exactly you are doing...

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried PMing him to work thing out maybe

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Countless times...I wouldn't be leaving such feedback if I wasn't so left in the dark on the issue.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe he will read this and stand behind his word. hope your not out alot of cash. I been there and had it happen to me on RC a couple diffrent times, Good luck man. maybe things will work out for ya. I hate it when things happen like this

Absinthe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what to tell you:

USPS Tracking Number: 03063030000360468215

Here is the message that I get:

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 3030 0003 6046 8215

Your item was delivered at 12:45 PM on April 4, 2007 in PORT WASHINGTON, NY 11050.

So SOMEONE at your address has your zoanthids.

Address provided by you (edited for privacy)

Vince XXXXXX
XXXX Knoll Rd.
Port Washington, NY 11050
United States

Item was shipped at 8:48am from Philadelphia, PA

I have both the cash register receipt as well as the USPS Delivery Confirmation Receipt.

I dont know what other proof I can possible provide. :confused:

And to claim with PayPal that I am a "thief" is innappropriate, particularly with the information provided above.

I assume you will be cancelling your paypal dispute in lieu of the above statement.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pm.jpg

Here's the PM telling you which specific addresse to send it to. Thanks for sending it to the wrong addresse. You're right. Calling it thievery was inappropriate. I should just call it carelessness. I'm sorry that we both wasted time and money on your mistakes. I'm continuing on with the paypal claim. If you could just return my cash to speed this process up, I'd apprecieate it.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so where did absinthe get that other address from? paypal?

...if so...i've had that happen before, the shipper didnt read my personal message on what address to send it to, and instead took the address that paypal gave them and shipped it to that address.

luckily is was just some nanostreams, and in the same town...so i just stopped by my old address, walked in...looked around...grabbed my package and RAN!! lol true story! ;)

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the PM didn't get read, then fine. Except that he did agree to it, which leads me back to the conclusion that he was careless. I'm glad to know that Absinthe did send the package out but that still doesn't change the fact that my money is lost due to his inability to be responsible.

pm2.jpg

If he at least stayed in touch with me so we don't have to argue about this AFTER I leave him a bad feedback, that would have been great too. I can't see what's so hard about sending out tracking #s for those who have spent money on you....for three days? I just don't understand why countless PMs, one thread in the Lounge dedicated to his name, and skeptical posts under his unlocked sales thread didn't urge him to get back to me while he had the time to ask about seaswirls in the hardware forum...

raider77

True Fan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nevermind I see it now. If Josh can't replace the frag I will replace it. Let me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the second screenshot was in response to the first screenshot of me requesting which addresse to send it to. check the time stamps. there were no PMs in between those two.

Assuming by his enthusiastic "NO problem, vince," I'm assuming it was read or his eyes went temporaily went blind while reading my PM not allowing him to read the addresse part, but only the early fragging request.

He could have avoided this simply through communcating with me, so I have no choice but to blame him. My hope is it will be resolved in the end, but seeing that he was selling off all his corals, leaves me no replacement and I see no options but to go ahead with the paypal claim. I would apprecieate it if he complied to the claim and returned my money so I can stop with this negative thread and 'redeem' his name for being responsible and honest.

raider77

True Fan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I edited my last reply after looking at the time on the pm's. Please read my edited reply.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you specifically mention to him that the address you were giving him was different from your paypal one? you should have told him that before you paid for it, or included a note to seller through paypal.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
raider77, that's extremely generous of you to offer. I'll wait for Absinthe's response to the posts that has been made and hopefully the three of us could work something out...but for now, on his part, I would like the money back through the paypal claim for the sake of my paypal claim history. We could work something out seperately, away from my transaction with Absinthe. Thank you very much once again...it makes me apprecieate being a part of this great group more. :)

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
twon8, I assumed he would notice the two completely different addresses. Since club-zoa.com was the place that this transaction took place, and paypal only being a tool for money transfer, the request made on cz should have been respected over what's stated on paypal. Again, mistakes that could have been avoided on the seller's part.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you assume...

it wasn't like he had both addresses in front of him to compare,

imo paypal is much more than money transfer tool as i ship through usps on paypal and print out the labels; it makes it much easier as it has the other persons address and email, which can notify them of shipments sent and even give them tracking info. it allows me to drop off at the p.o. without waiting in line.

obviously the seller shipped to the wrong address, but you could have made it clear that you wanted it shipped to an address other than your paypal one.

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have sent things to the wrong address before (not fish related). As a seller in the midst of several transactions, it could have been a simple oversight on his end. No need to trash the guy.. you barely gave him time to respond. You have to remember we all have lives outside of the forums. I hope this can be righted so both parties are happy.
Absinthe is a standup guy. Mistakes aside, this kind of thing would not have happened on purpose.

colinadam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't paypal let you add an address? I have 2 entered, home and work and I can pick which one I want the item shipped to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back