• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Absinthe...do NOT buy from. Unreliable.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh. About my addresse thing Stix. The paypal account was made when I was in NY. Now I'm in college, thus the new addy but since other family members use it, I never changed it. Simply requesting it to be sent to my RI addresse seemed sufficient till upto this point. I guess I will just always have to assume that my requests will be ignored every time I do a transaction with people from now on. Also, I quoted that PM to show that he agreed to the requested addresse...

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vettman, the corals arrived there yesterday through 2day priority. they are already dead but let me know how mushy they got :D i'll give you my addy...

Absinthe, you are confusing me here. It seems like you didn't give me anything that defends your mistake and now you are simply being stubborn by blocking me? I could care less about you blocking me since I don't think I will have the need to PM you anymore. It doesn't matter how much money was spent on this issue, despite the fact that I was willing to spend more money on you if the other items were not gone before I asked....it still doesn't change the fact that you took my money? Maybe instead of being so stubborn and worrying about the money, you should start being more reasonable and read the posts made previously to protect your own reputation as a seller and a hobbyists on forums. Your stubborness honestly reminds me of my 10yr old sister. And I'm guessing your behaviors led you to lots of conversations with your lawer...which you have seemed to editted your post now? whatever...

And you're right, I did have the chance to settle this peacefully, which I offered to YOU but you disregarded them. THREE days ago.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seriously IMO this has been taken WAY overboard. If someone offers to resolve the situation and the other can't back down then something is wrong. I say this in all humbleness. You cant back off of it cause you dont want paypal thinking bad of you? What about what your peers here think?

I think abs was wrong in not staying in contact and wrong in sending to the wrong address. I do however see where the mistake was made and for the life of me can't see why you are not willing to work it out without a 3rd party. It would be different if he didnt want to compensate you, but he is.

Again this is my opinion, and I hope it gets worked out in the interest of you both.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he printed out the shipping label off of Paypal...which I do also when I sell things what can you expect?

Also if this other address is a family member's address...then you most likely knew when it arrived that it went there! In which case you came on here to fry him asking...where the heck is my package, when you would have already known where it was.

It's not about your request being ignored or people not caring enough. You Paypal account is listed at the wrong address. Should he have sent the tracking info right away...absolutely. But he shipped it to your address of record through the method you paid him.

It just seems like your trying to place all the blame on him. When you send money to someone via Paypal...one of the first things you see is the buyer's address! So in my mind you were wrong too!

I wish you guys could clear this up without investigations and public flaming...because you were both wrong!!!

Plus...how far is a Paypal investigation going to go when he shipped them to the address you have listed with them?

Last edited:

vetteman

licking zoa's
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to know who ended up with the package of smelly frags.... I would have liked to see there face when they opened the box.... "what the He// is this and man does it stink"........:pukeright:

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, I have to disagree with you. I'm not being a baby about it or anything. Seeing that people like Absinthe exists, no doubt I will have to make another claim through paypal, even though I really really hope not seeing how PITA this is. When they see that I have retracted my claim previously, even though it was HIS fault like you mentioned, I don't see how that's fair to me for my future transactions. I'm sorry you are judging me in a bad way. I'm simply trying to protect my credibility on paypal and I don't see a reason to start ruining it because of his irresponsible actions.

If you read above, I did mention that I was willing to work it out with the third party. Also, mentioned above is that I was waiting to see how Absinthe would take care of this issue. Isn't this what this section of the forum is here for? To let other hobbyists know the experiences we shared between others? I'm sorry if my peers think bad of me because of my reasons but they are justfied. If you think this is going way overboard, I apologize and you are free to do whatever you want with the thread...even though it has been made clear that Absinthe's way of resolving problems are simply blocking the person and refusing to reason.

Absinthe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant offer a refund at this time. Cant use paypal until the dispute is resolved. No idea how long that will take.

And I dare not mail a check...

vetteman

licking zoa's
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW..... I shipped some frags to Texas and mixed up the zip code.... a week and a few days later the mailman dropped them off at the right address.....

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didnt mean to sound condescending. (coralnutz fav word ;))

I am sorry if it came across that way. I was just hoping that you two could work it out, but I didnt realize Absinthe blocked your PM's. If he paypaled you the money right now would that satisfy the money issue?

Could you do that absinthe?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok absinthe you posted before me. Oh well I am done and I hope you two get it worked out.

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stix, at first the questions didn't start with where the heck is my package. It was more like..."hey, tracking # please? hello...? anybody there...? :( "

Seeing that he claims to print labels off of paypal ONLY after it was mentioned previosly by someone else...I don't think its true...but that's another issue and we will never know. Every package I ordered for myself has arrived in RI because I asked it to be so, except Absinthe's package...which ended up in NY. IMHO, you could say that it was wrong both on our parts if I posted this review few days ago...but seeing that I tried everything to get in touch with him and failed...I'd have to say that the blame has to be shifted towards him and him only. I'm getting tired of saying this but he could have avoid all this just by communicating with me...instead of ignoring and posting about seaswirls...

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paypal investigation is going to go nowhere -- when he shipped them to the address you have listed with them?

he shipped to the address and can prove that it got there you have no case with paypal and will not get any money back

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love you both

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absinthe...it only escalted into a claim because you asked paypal to escalate into a claim. Which just further proves your hypocrisy to settle this in a cordial manner. If you really did want to resolve the issue, you would have simply refunded the money. I guess it's also your fault that you can't refund my money because you decided to take it further.

Rev, I'd be happy to settle for that if Absinthe would step down and simply refund the money...seing that paypal will favor his side. I'm sure they won't bother searching for this thread that proves otherwise.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kigs...I honestly feel for you because your out what you paid for. IMHO a lot of things went wrong on both sides. Just wish it could all be cleared up amicably!

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what does Ibtl mean??

Rev, I love you too but I don't know if this relationship's gonna work with that weird avatar of yours... :eek:

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
untitled4.jpg
:D

I feel like such a nub...I thought I had all the cool lingos down. Any sinfest fans out there? ^^

OP
OP
Kigs!

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh... lolz. In that case...

ibtl... it seems like he decided to ignore and run away from the issue, hoping to win over technicality through paypal. you might as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back