Abyzz A200 Noisy

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed an Abyzz A200 yesterday, to replace my Neprune COR20 (Turned to Abyzz for reliability after a second COR 20 problem!). I’m aware that they have some noise for the first few days as the bearing sets in, but after running for 24 hours, this still sounds rough, I can’t see how it’s going to suddenly reduce to the ‘silence’ everyone talks about! Also, the A200 is rated much higher flow than the COR. To maintain head pressure on the return with the COR needed only approx. 10% power. The Abyzz needs 45%!

Anyone with an A200 gone through this and can assure the noise stops soon?

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove the volute and inspect the impeller immediately. Inspect the impeller assembly.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes ibnhard plumed and running at 90-95%
After looking at the internals and seeing if they are fine.
Why are you running at 90-95%? that's really high. Your pump might be trying to move more water than your pipe will allow hence the vibrations.
Do you have a flow meter on it? if you do, slow the pump down till the pump is running at a speed the pipe can handle. all my pumps run around 40-45%. I used the flow meters to tell me at what speed I'm maxing flow at then back the pump off 5%.
You need something to provide vibration dampening. I would have a 8"-1' length of flex tubing coming out of the return side. Hard plumbing will make any vibration that much louder.

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Abyzz pumps are silent without vibration dampening.

OP
OP
psumms

psumms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking at the internals and seeing if they are fine.
Why are you running at 90-95%? that's really high. Your pump might be trying to move more water than your pipe will allow hence the vibrations.
Do you have a flow meter on it? if you do, slow the pump down till the pump is running at a speed the pipe can handle. all my pumps run around 40-45%. I used the flow meters to tell me at what speed I'm maxing flow at then back the pump off 5%.
You need something to provide vibration dampening. I would have a 8"-1' length of flex tubing coming out of the return side. Hard plumbing will make any vibration that much louder.
I think you're confusing my original post with one of the replies. I run at at approx. 80%. Going to switch to a length of silicone tube to see if that helps. My flow rate monitor suggests approx. 2,200 litres/hour going through. I do find it off that I need approx. 35% to maintain head pressure.

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you mention what size pipe is connected?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got the a200 and It should be completely silent. Is the noise definitely coming from the pump and not vibrations from the pipe work

Here’s a picture of mine, the short piece of flexible hose is to avoid any vibration issues travelling to the hard pipe work

I also have a 50mm pvc coupler attached to the inlet as I read on the instructions direct flow into it helps noise reduction. I honestly cannot hear anything from it at all.

On the power, anything over 85% ish makes little difference to the flow rate as per the power graphs they provide.

D62E09A2-EFEA-4A4A-A753-D68D10A9C4A0.jpeg

C768CC76-3E67-47E0-B97D-32C052232E18.jpeg

BigKid4788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ive got the a200 and It should be completely silent. Is the noise definitely coming from the pump and not vibrations from the pipe work

Here’s a picture of mine, the short piece of flexible hose is to avoid any vibration issues travelling to the hard pipe work

I also have a 50mm pvc coupler attached to the inlet as I read on the instructions direct flow into it helps noise reduction. I honestly cannot hear anything from it at all.

On the power, anything over 85% ish makes little difference to the flow rate as per the power graphs they provide.

D62E09A2-EFEA-4A4A-A753-D68D10A9C4A0.jpeg

C768CC76-3E67-47E0-B97D-32C052232E18.jpeg
Is it pulling air bubbles in as well? Your water level doesn't look that far above the inlet. Wasn't sure as water is coming over into the last chamber if bubbles were being pulled in. May want to try and fill up the sump a little higher to see if it makes any difference. Not sure if that will help or not

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back