Acan echinata

  • Thread starter Thread starter fishski13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fishski13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2021
Messages
969
Reaction score
716
Location
New Jersey/New York
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so recently I picked up an acan enchinata to add to my collection of acans lords and micromussa. I have the acan enchinata placed in a separate comer than my other acan as they cannot touch. With my other acan, I can tell they are doing good as they close during the night and open during the day and look puff and slightly sway with the water. However, how do I tell my acan enchinata is doing good? Currently I have realized it does not open or change shape it stays the same throughout the entirety of the day and night. Is this normal for an acan enchinata? How do I tell it is doing good and is healthy?
 
Hi guys, so recently I picked up an acan enchinata to add to my collection of acans lords and micromussa. I have the acan enchinata placed in a separate comer than my other acan as they cannot touch. With my other acan, I can tell they are doing good as they close during the night and open during the day and look puff and slightly sway with the water. However, how do I tell my acan enchinata is doing good? Currently I have realized it does not open or change shape it stays the same throughout the entirety of the day and night. Is this normal for an acan enchinata? How do I tell it is doing good and is healthy?
Look for feeding response- color and plump tissue
 
according to a tidal gardens video i watched. Plump tissue and feeding tentacles out all day are signs of health
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new