Acan echinata

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, so recently I picked up an acan enchinata to add to my collection of acans lords and micromussa. I have the acan enchinata placed in a separate comer than my other acan as they cannot touch. With my other acan, I can tell they are doing good as they close during the night and open during the day and look puff and slightly sway with the water. However, how do I tell my acan enchinata is doing good? Currently I have realized it does not open or change shape it stays the same throughout the entirety of the day and night. Is this normal for an acan enchinata? How do I tell it is doing good and is healthy?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi guys, so recently I picked up an acan enchinata to add to my collection of acans lords and micromussa. I have the acan enchinata placed in a separate comer than my other acan as they cannot touch. With my other acan, I can tell they are doing good as they close during the night and open during the day and look puff and slightly sway with the water. However, how do I tell my acan enchinata is doing good? Currently I have realized it does not open or change shape it stays the same throughout the entirety of the day and night. Is this normal for an acan enchinata? How do I tell it is doing good and is healthy?
Look for feeding response- color and plump tissue

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
according to a tidal gardens video i watched. Plump tissue and feeding tentacles out all day are signs of health

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back