Acan Feeding Question

TDDredge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So. I have a gorgeous acan frag, and it seems to be quite happy where it is so far. That said, I have a question on feeding it. The frag has 5 heads. 3 of them are very well placed for me to feed. The other two, very difficult, nigh impossible to feed, and frankly however I place it, likely there will be at least 2 heads that are difficult to feed. My question is, Does feeding one head feed the whole colony, or just that head? If I feed the 3 heads, will the nutrients be distributed to the heads I can't feed? The 3 heads I have fed take pellets like champs. They suck them right in. I just don't know if it helps the other two heads that I can't really feed well. If I need to feed those heads, any tips or tricks?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if the nutrients are distributed or not but I would imagine based on the way they grow that they are. I only feed a few heads of mine and the others do ok. I e got two newer frags just like yours where I can’t feed some of the heads. Doesn’t seem to bother them all that much.

OP
OP
T

TDDredge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if the nutrients are distributed or not but I would imagine based on the way they grow that they are. I only feed a few heads of mine and the others do ok. I e got two newer frags just like yours where I can’t feed some of the heads. Doesn’t seem to bother them all that much.
Cool. Yeah They're opening their mouths but they're gonna have to get some nutrition from their friends.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
yes, they share the nutrients from a single head. As I do, simply squirt a few mysis over the acan and they will all get to eat.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back