Acan help please. So this happened...

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought about a handful of acan lords from WWC's sale. They all arrived alive, but they were all withdrawn into their skeleton and all of them had some points of their skeleton poking through their flesh. After 24 hours, they have all inflated and doing well. Except one. This one had a couple of points rip thought it's flesh. It hasn't fully inflated and my guess is that it's because it's still trying to heal. You can tell in the attached pic that it's trying to slime off the area where the skeleton is sticking out.

Question is, do I leave it as is? Do I move it into the shade? Should I pull it out and dip in iodine?

I haven't fed it yet, but it does inflate somewhat during the day, and the feeding tentacles do come out at night. Am I better off leaving it alone, or do I need to intervene? Do I need to do anything drastic, like clip off the sharp piece of skeleton jutting out?

20210731_130722.jpg

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think iodine dip wouldn't hurt. Also let it go it could heal on its own. I imagine if it does inflate the bone wont show, and it will heal over. Don't they have a guarantee. Ask them what they'd do. That way you could say it wasn't because of something you did if it does perish.

BoriReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d feed it and let it be, if anything place in a lower flow area. But chances are it will bounce back just fine.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back