Acan, Trachy, Lobo ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter colejr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

colejr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2020
Messages
80
Reaction score
73
Location
Norwood
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This beauty was at my local Petco marked as a green and gold hammer colony.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
After talking with the kind associate I negotiated a $20 purchase instead of the advertise $89.99.
My initial thoughts is that it is an Acan, but I'm not completely convinced. These pics/vi are from my tank where it has been for 4 days now.
It is very happy and has a crazy feeding reaction. The video is from early morning prior to the lights coming on.
What are you thoughts as to this corals real ID? Thanks!

20240420_135042.jpg 20240420_155248.jpg 20240422_074704.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20240422_075406.mp4
    13.6 MB
This beauty was at my local Petco marked as a green and gold hammer colony.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
After talking with the kind associate I negotiated a $20 purchase instead of the advertise $89.99.
My initial thoughts is that it is an Acan, but I'm not completely convinced. These pics/vi are from my tank where it has been for 4 days now.
It is very happy and has a crazy feeding reaction. The video is from early morning prior to the lights coming on.
What are you thoughts as to this corals real ID? Thanks!

20240420_135042.jpg 20240420_155248.jpg 20240422_074704.jpg
From the mouth, I don’t think it’s an Acan. Doesn’t look like a lobo either. The feeding tentacles look more like scoly tentacles and the mouth does too but it’s not a scoly. How long have you had it? It may need to fluff up more for us to really see it’s true nature.
 
I've had it for just over a week now. The tank at Petco wasn't the best environment for it. It's amazing the amount of feeding tentacles that are out in the morning before the lights come on.
From the mouth, I don’t think it’s an Acan. Doesn’t look like a lobo either. The feeding tentacles look more like scoly tentacles and the mouth does too but it’s not a scoly. How long have you had it? It may need to fluff up more for us to really see it’s true nature.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new