AcanLord's 500 Gallon Grow Out Peninsula Build....

OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the stain color Bombay Mahogany and it turned out really well. Nice dark red tint to it and with the high gloss it really shines.

IMAG0420.jpg

Love this! Nice work!

OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is sitting in my garage in a crate. I've been working through different ways to efficiently support the floor without getting crazy and going overboard. Here is what we have come up with.

IMG_9490.PNG

joro

That Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is sitting in my garage in a crate. I've been working through different ways to efficiently support the floor without getting crazy and going overboard. Here is what we have come up with.

IMG_9490.PNG

We just had a structural engineer out last week for our 336G which is currently being built. It's worth while for the peace of mind and experience to pay one to come out in my opinion. Not worth finding out after you got it loaded with corals and fish that you didn't account for this factor or that.

Looking good by the way and following!

OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just had a structural engineer out last week for our 336G which is currently being built. It's worth while for the peace of mind and experience to pay one to come out in my opinion. Not worth finding out after you got it loaded with corals and fish that you didn't account for this factor or that.

Looking good by the way and following!

Couldn't agree with you more! Thanks for the feedback. Chances are the tank would start to go through the floor while mother is over to take a look at it... :eek:

OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple updates on the system. First of all, thank you to everyone who helped lift this puppy onto the stand. It was only about 750lbs of glass. It was a great time getting togeather with my fellow reef nerds!

Also, funny story. I was 1 guy short for the tank move as someone who had planned to help dropped out due to an unexpected call in from work. Minutes later, I got a call from a gentleman named Mark who introduced himself as the new Custom Aquariums National Accounts Manager. He had mentioned to me that he heard through the grapevine that we had recently purchased an aquarium from them and wanted see if he could help us get it up and going. That's customer service!! Long story short, we were blessed with Mark's presence and we're both impressed with his knowledge of what the company has to offer. I am very appreciative of his willingness to drive 2 hours to get us going! Here is a picture of Mark on the right, and myself on the left.

IMG_9648.JPG

IMG_9649.JPG

OP
OP
AcanLord.com

AcanLord.com

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome!! Tank review?

I can't say enough for the quality of craftsmanship that went into the tank. Their patented aluminum edge is very nice and solid. I will never worry about something springing a leak. They also sent it in $100s worth of crate materials. There is enough lumber here to build a new stand. I would never worry about them shipping a large tank. Here is a pic of he corner and the removable center brace.

IMG_9652.JPG

IMG_9651.JPG

Maximizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say enough for the quality of craftsmanship that went into the tank. Their patented aluminum edge is very nice and solid. I will never worry about something springing a leak. They also sent it in $100s worth of crate materials. There is enough lumber here to build a new stand. I would never worry about them shipping a large tank. Here is a pic of he corner and the removable center brace.

IMG_9652.JPG

IMG_9651.JPG
Might just have to order a tank from them! Thank you. How thick is the glass?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back