OP
OP
iReefer12

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ticked off a couple of items from the to-do list.

This was a biggie. I needed to create more access, and the the stand attaches to the wall, so I needed a 2x4’s right on the edge that I could attach the frame to.

Fortunately, I think I did a good job keeping it looking clean, so I escaped the wife’s wrath today :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

IMG_6028.jpeg
IMG_6029.jpeg IMG_6030.jpeg
IMG_6031.jpeg
IMG_6032.jpeg IMG_6033.jpeg

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s looking really healthy. Mine took about 3 months to start eating food that I added to the tank, eats anything now, how’s yours with food?
He is eating great all kinds of stuff even already picking at some algae on the Rocks I would imagine to help with his teeth been eating a mix of mysis and krill and Brine. That opening looks super clean good job man

OP
OP
iReefer12

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More steady progress.

Was able to trim the opening to give it a finished look. I then installed this cable pass through so all the SKY power cables can go through that instead of through the opening. I then attached the framing to the wall.
IMG_6051.jpeg
IMG_6052.jpeg

I’ve been able to rework the plumbing to this utility sink and add sockets, one for the Skimmer drain, and one for an emergency water change drain.
IMG_6053.jpeg

I reattached all the control boards to the wall, I arranged them a bit better this time around, and I think it uses the space better this way.

IMG_6054.jpeg

You’ll notice the T-Slot on the Left side of the picture, this is something I’ve been constructing to house the many power bricks that will be in use, 12 huge bricks, I needed something to help keep them tidy, and also keep them all from overheating.

I’m really happy with how this turned out, the dividers are aluminum and lots of air gaps in them, should dissipate heat really well.
IMG_6060.jpeg
Skimmer set up in the background where it will be positioned.

The electrical boxes are ready with the power strips.

Tell me you have OCD without telling me you have OCD.. IMG_6059.jpeg

The tank should be here in 4 weeks. Nervous!

Last edited:

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More steady progress.

Was able to trim the opening to give it a finished look. I then installed this cable pass through so all the SKY power cables can go through that instead of through the opening. I then attached the framing to the wall.
IMG_6051.jpeg
IMG_6052.jpeg

I’ve been able to rework the plumbing to this utility sink and add sockets, one for the Skimmer drain, and one for an emergency water change drain.
IMG_6053.jpeg

I reattached all the control boards to the wall, I arranged them a bit better this time around, and I think it uses the space better this way.

IMG_6054.jpeg

You’ll notice the T-Slot on the Left side of the picture, this is something I’ve been constructing to house the many power bricks that will be in use, 12 huge bricks, I needed something to help keep them tidy, and also keep them all from overheating.

I’m really happy with how this turned out, the dividers are aluminum and lots of air gaps in them, should dissipate heat really well.
IMG_6060.jpeg
Skimmer set up in the background where it will be positioned.

The electrical boxes are ready with the power strips.

Tell me you have OCD without telling me you have OCD.. IMG_6059.jpeg

The tank should be here in 4 weeks. Nervous!
Looks awesome man super excited for this....how the corals holding up?

OP
OP
iReefer12

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So far all the LPS are all doing fine, I had some SPS frags that I found in the sand, so put them in the holding tank and they are actually doing okay, even with no Skimmer and no CaRX… it’s only a matter of time, but hopefully the new tank is set up by then.

OP
OP
iReefer12

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today I made new holes in the skimmer stand, and fastened it into position. You’ll notice that it looks like it’s mounted unevenly, but the Union on the side is unaligned (the only complaint I have about the RK2 skimmer) just no idea why it wouldn’t plumbed square. So mounting and positioning it in a rotated position will allow that Union to be aligned and should make plumbing down the road simpler.

IMG_6073.jpeg
IMG_6074.jpeg

I was able to mount all the apex modules and eb832s to the control boards.
IMG_6075.jpeg
IMG_6077.jpeg

Finally, thanks to @flagg37, he routed some slots into the cross beams of the canopy. This will help me easily locate the joists and give small adjustments to better align the canopy to the tank.

IMG_6080.jpeg

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I made new holes in the skimmer stand, and fastened it into position. You’ll notice that it looks like it’s mounted unevenly, but the Union on the side is unaligned (the only complaint I have about the RK2 skimmer) just no idea why it wouldn’t plumbed square. So mounting and positioning it in a rotated position will allow that Union to be aligned and should make plumbing down the road simpler.

IMG_6073.jpeg
IMG_6074.jpeg

I was able to mount all the apex modules and eb832s to the control boards.
IMG_6075.jpeg
IMG_6077.jpeg

Finally, thanks to @flagg37, he routed some slots into the cross beams of the canopy. This will help me easily locate the joists and give small adjustments to better align the canopy to the tank.

IMG_6080.jpeg
Looking good love the cable and power brick management looking awesome....

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go! Thanks to @mortimersnerd @Stithe21 & Angelo for the help moving the stand into position.

It’s starting to look like a fish tank :zany-face:

IMG_6089.jpeg
IMG_6090.jpeg
IMG_6091.jpeg

Okay, poll time:

Do I cut the carpet around the stand and pull it out from under the stand???? :thinking-face:
Depends are you having leveling issues at all with the stand section? How far away would you cut the carpet away from the stand?...also if you ever deide to move and sell the house would you replace the carpet? I say cut it only because even if you left it the weight is going to ruin the carpet .....if you remove could make it easier for leveling the tank and stand. Another question if you do cut it out are you going to be ok with what it looks like underneath? Would you cap the carpet edge so the carpet doesnt lift leaving a clean look? I think at this point its all personal preference and how and what you do with it if you remove.

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man i wish i could have been there getting closer to recovery they said strength training can start and motor functions in 3-4 wks...stitches came out yesterday....man i feel like i havent had a hand for a year haha...makes doing some things in the tank awful....kidsdid good today at the games though both winners....
16936910196124652385791991935222.jpg

OP
OP
iReefer12

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends are you having leveling issues at all with the stand section? How far away would you cut the carpet away from the stand?...also if you ever deide to move and sell the house would you replace the carpet? I say cut it only because even if you left it the weight is going to ruin the carpet .....if you remove could make it easier for leveling the tank and stand. Another question if you do cut it out are you going to be ok with what it looks like underneath? Would you cap the carpet edge so the carpet doesnt lift leaving a clean look? I think at this point its all personal preference and how and what you do with it if you remove.

Good points. I haven’t tried leveling it yet, so not too sure. I was going to cut the carpet tight to the legs, so the carpet is under the stand before it ends, when the stand doors close, it will hide the cut edge of the carpet.

That’s how I was going to do it, but life would be easier if I didn’t have to cut it, and then move the stand out again.

OP
OP
iReefer12

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man i wish i could have been there getting closer to recovery they said strength training can start and motor functions in 3-4 wks...stitches came out yesterday....man i feel like i havent had a hand for a year haha...makes doing some things in the tank awful....kidsdid good today at the games though both winners....
16936910196124652385791991935222.jpg
It’s all good man. Your thumb looks like it’s healing nicely!

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managed to get the stand pulled out and cut out the carpet tonight. Now just have to add some tack strip and tidy up, then move the stand back into place.
IMG_6106.jpeg
IMG_6107.jpeg
IMG_6108.jpeg
Were you going to throw like a floor transition strip on the carpet? Or just tack strips? Jw looking good brotha

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back