Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad

Phos- .1(redsea pro)
Nitrate- 1ppm(redsea pro)
Mag- 1360
Alk- 9.0
Cal-460

I dosed Reefflux about 8 weeks ago for Bryopsis, which it worked.

Previously I was dosing Vibrant for months trying to get rid of Bryopsis, never worked. But did cause my Nitrates to bottom out and creat Cyano. Through my balance out on my tank, and seems I can't dial it back in.

I have recently dosed chemclean to no avail.

About a month ago two of my four tourches receed. There still kicking but nothing like normal. But my other torches are thriving.

Lost one hammer, but others all doing fine.

Half my acans have receded heads, while others are doing just fine.

One colony of Zoas are melting, while 6 others are fine.

All my sps is doing fantastic and havnt lost anything, I have at least two dozen different species.

Cynarinas, blastos, wellsophilia, mushrooms, all doing great.

I'm so confused.

Thoughts?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening

Anything they have in common as far as position in the tank maybe? The hammer go almost overnight leaving a clean white skeleton? We could almost explain the hammer as sometimes that happens time to time. The acan and zoa though are unusual. Any improvements since you posted?

if you haven’t, run carbon to be on the safe side. With the treatments you ran can’t hurt to get any left over remnants that may exist

OP
OP
TK_KW

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening

Anything they have in common as far as position in the tank maybe? The hammer go almost overnight leaving a clean white skeleton? We could almost explain the hammer as sometimes that happens time to time. The acan and zoa though are unusual. Any improvements since you posted?

if you haven’t, run carbon to be on the safe side. With the treatments you ran can’t hurt to get any left over remnants that may exist
I run carbon 24/7. Change it every four weeks, or after any treatment.

Tourches no, receeded but still have half their head. Been like this for almost a month now, with a couple heads of back, and couple heads of gold. But other torches and hammers I have are just fine, and full looking.

The acans are not all in same places in the tank. And most ive had in tank for more than half to three quarters of a year in same spot. I have 5 large colonies(20+ heads), and about 8 mini colonies(8+ heads). Half are doing great, half have receding heads....

And the Zoa. I have hundreds of heads through different colonies in my tank. Out of all that, its only one rock, with about thirty heads, that seems to be melting.(no brown jelly or nothing) but just looks like head is half missing.

I've pulled all effected pieces and dipped in iodine.

I guess I'll have to cut them if it continues for a few more days.

I ordered a icp test. So who know

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tankis stillbit immature, i would chill on all those addatives for a bit (chemiclean ect) they are reef save but the truth is no one really knows what all interactions (good and bad). It seems you need to let your tank find a balance and let uglies persist. I have found my acans unhappy with too much flow or par, have you recently changed anything related to the affected Lps? Do you feed them, i found feeding helps
puff up my acans (I spot feed Lrs oyster feast and reef roids with the flow
off). Also anecdotally i found dosing a small amount of Stronium help
when they seemed ticked, I icp test every 3-4 months and found it never rises above the 8ppm suggested target which to me was indicative of consumption.

Can you post a FTS and a few pics of bad corals?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back