Acantho and cynaria questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter HiImSean
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HiImSean

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
370
Reaction score
218
Location
Acworth, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first of each type of coral yesterday. They’re doing great I just had some questions about placement. I’ve read that cynaria prefer to be placed on a rock rather than sand bed. Is that necessary? Also what type of flow do they like? I’ve placed it kind of in the back between rocks so it doesn’t get too much flow but I do see the flesh ripple.

With the acantho, do I need to hurry the skeleton in the sand? The tissue does flow over the skeleton and almost reaches the sand bed. I’ve got it in a front corner of the tank so it gets good light and not too much flow

I plan on target feeding them every few days with mysis to keep them happy and growing.
AA2929F9-AFA3-4322-BB38-FB787D3AA425.jpeg

E9DBA2A5-C5C8-4748-B743-BD0310C5FBD2.jpeg
 
Yes, they prefer not being placed directly in the sand bed (although I've seen tanks where they do perfectly fine in the sand bed). One thing my LFS (and others) use is a small PVC ring (maybe 0.5-0.75" high) to place those types of corals in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new