Acanthophyllia had a rough shipment

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lelegance
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lelegance

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2024
Messages
367
Reaction score
235
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered an acantho online, and he arrived on time but in a mostly empty bag, upside down. First picture is what he looked like upon arriving. I had a family member take him out of the box and temperature acclimate until I got home, which worked fine, but he was not looking great, and it was already past the 2 hour DOA policy. I want to know if he will be fine or not, i fed him mysis day 3 and he ate it willingly. As of now, 4 days later, he was stung by my elegance which i had to move up more. Now has been pretty retracted with a half open mouth. Worried if I feed him now, it will be way too much stress, so do I just wait and hope? Everything else in the tank is plenty happy, and parameters have been very stable for the past month.

Parameters:
Alk: 7.2
Phos: 0.04
Nitrate: 4
Mg: 1420
Cal: 410
Temp: 78.5
Salinity: 1.026


20260314_165608_8CCBDC88-B138-4ACA-8205-894F14940498.png

20260314_165616_248DA690-816C-4EB4-BFA1-D14581E8B4D9.png

20260314_165623_038D8BC5-8569-4A41-9C95-71F584B06E98.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new