Acclimation for an XR15 gen 4 pro...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Wbrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I am eagerly awaiting an XR 15 gen 4 and reeflink for half of my 65 gallon mixed reef. It will be replacing one of my Ocean Revive T247 LEDs. My T247s are at 60% blues and 35% white, I believe (I'm writing this while at work). Any guidance as to what to start the XR15 at? The side of the tank it will be going over is mostly softies. If all goes well, plan on replacing the other side as well.

Thanks!
Brian

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend ecotech's ATI blue+ schedule. My softies have done pretty well under it.

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run AB+ (meant to mimmic ATI 6 Blue+ and 2 ABS T5 bulbs spectrum is what he meant above heh) on a mixed reef as well and everything looks happy. In your case, as long as your mounting the light at standard height (~8" with the stock mount arm if IIRC) I'd start at about 30% and bring it up 2 or 3% a week until you're where you want it. I really wouldn't push it above 45% with mostly softies but that's just me.

Keep a CLOSE eye on it if you decide to use Ecotech's acclimation feature. Had a few bugs that ticked off a lot of coral occur while using that feature so I just do manual schedule updates now even when acclimating.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back