Acro dilemma

tjbrownie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a worst case scenario happen yesterday. I woke up to look at my tank and my Acro had needn’t bumped by my urchin right on top of my hammer. The acto has some crazy tissue loss. The hammer is doing just fine. But my acro is in a bad state and I’m looking for any advice in recovering it. Here’s some pictures. It’s had no problems for the longest time till it fell off the frag rack on top of my gold hammer. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
IMG_2940.jpeg

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
These things happen. There’s no miracle fix. Keep your parameters super stable and do nothing at all with the acro. Once you see growth starting to overtake the dead skeleton in a couple weeks then you could chop the dead parts off to facilitate new growth sealing it up sooner. I would not dip/touch/move it though; just let it heal.

As a tip, if you intend on leaving a frag on a rack for awhile it helps to put a tiny dab of superglue under the edge of the plug so it can’t get knocked off easily. It will still pop off when you finally do need to move it.

-Ed

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost a nice monti digi colony that got broke off its base onto a torch below while I was on vacation. Totally dead when I got home. Yours still has life but I'd consider fragging off the bleach portion in case infection sets in then spreads to the live portion.

OP
OP
tjbrownie

tjbrownie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These things happen. There’s no miracle fix. Keep your parameters super stable and do nothing at all with the acro. Once you see growth starting to overtake the dead skeleton in a couple weeks then you could chop the dead parts off to facilitate new growth sealing it up sooner. I would not dip/touch/move it though; just let it heal.

As a tip, if you intend on leaving a frag on a rack for awhile it helps to put a tiny dab of superglue under the edge of the plug so it can’t get knocked off easily. It will still pop off when you finally do need to move it.

-Ed
Thanks for the tips! Wish me luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back