Acro ID?

Yellowsound

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2015
Messages
456
Reaction score
151
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I picked up a frag of this acro during TCK's sale over the weekend - it's called TCK Rainbow Caddy.
(Don't actually have it yet - it arrives on Friday).

Does anyone have any idea what species it might be? @TCK Corals , do you know?

Steve
IMG_8666.jpg
 
Looks like an Acropora Microclados, but also not the best at this lol.

but has similar growth that i have seen on other shortcakes.
 
I would say it looks sort of like A. Exquisita, but I've never seen one that color pattern so I'm not sure
 
A. Exquisita starts to feel like it's in the ballpark, because of the more stag-like structure. But the corallites don't totally match up with those of A. Exquisita. I'm certainly no expert, though, which is why I'm posting! Would love to hear more thoughts/opinions...
 
Thank you, @C. Eymann ! I’m not familiar w/ that species... I’ll do a little research.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new