ACRO turning white and fuzzy with brown fuzz

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, can't post picture, sorrrryyyy. but its turning white and fluffy and has brown stuff on it. The lights are on (order of white, blue, violet, and its a k7mini) 15% 50% 55%
these are 2 days old too

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it doesn't look like this.
That's Brown Jelly Disease.

BJD.gif

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try taking a photo with your phone and posting it here.

If it's white then it's mostly dead. But we really need a photo to give you the correct info.

What are your tank parameters?
How long has this saltwater tank been setup?

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try taking a photo with your phone and posting it here.

If it's white then it's mostly dead. But we really need a photo to give you the correct info.

What are your tank parameters?
How long has this saltwater tank been setup?
can I also just say, if its white, its just bleached, not "mostly dead". corals can survive a bleaching event. Just wanted to add that in :D

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s the one I just circled then that looks pretty dead. In fact it looks like algae is covering it.
1712425386204.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Alk is low, tank barely mature for SPS and Phosphate may ne elevated and check your calcium.
I highly advise better test kits to sustain fish and coral as API often produces false readings due to color variances. Hanna and salifert kits worth the money
Disregard the nitrite levels which pertain to freshwater. I suggest taking a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is the only coral that is dying on me :C all the others are perfectly fine :CCCC
even though that specific coral is an acropora, some are much more difficult to keep than others.

for example my green slimer, and garf bonsai have been through a lot of swings, and are my biggest colonies. whereas i’ve tried to keep a vivids insanity twice and the first time was quick to die off on me

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they
even though that specific coral is an acropora, some are much more difficult to keep than others.

for example my green slimer, and garf bonsai have been through a lot of swings, and are my biggest colonies. whereas i’ve tried to keep a vivids insanity twice and the first time was quick to die off on me
all the same type of Acro, all tenius, but I think its also cuz he is next to a "sliming" monti :(

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
they

all the same type of Acro, all tenius, but I think its also cuz he is next to a "sliming" monti :(
unless they were touching, i highly doubt the monti was the culprit. never seen stingers on a monti but i could be wrong

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back