OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the I guess that’s a no go for smaller tanks then haha. 7” when grown that sucks they are cool looking though.
Wrasse won't out grown their environment. I've kept juvenile Bluehead and Yellowhead wrasse in small tanks for as long as I've been reefing and they've never out grew the system they were in.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse won't out grown their environment. I've kept juvenile Bluehead and Yellowhead wrasse in small tanks for as long as I've been reefing and they've never out grew the system they were in.
That is very flawed thinking IMO that’s like saying a person won’t outgrow a closet. Just because they seem fine they truly are not happy if you limit them into small enclosures. How long did those fish live for? It probably wasn’t as long as they could have.

OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is very flawed thinking IMO that’s like saying a person won’t outgrow a closet. Just because they seem fine they truly are not happy if you limit them into small enclosures. How long did those fish live for? It probably wasn’t as long as they could have.
It’s not “thinking” it’s my personal experience with these fish. I see where you’re coming from, but I don’t think you quite understand what I’m saying. I collect my wrasse when they are juveniles 3/4”-1” in size. The times I’ve kept them in small 30-40 gallon systems they’ve never grown to the point they were too big for the tank. Always having plenty of swim room relative to their size. I can’t speak for the fish on wether or not they are happy, but they sure seem like it. My oldest bluehead is 13yrs this summer

Stain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was with you until you said this. There are so many flaws in this statement.

OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salvaged this Indo piece from a locals tank it was completely bleached and almost no sign of life. Starting to color up to be one of the brighter A. Caroliniana I’ve seen in a long time

Attachments

• C9D99A0E-6267-4437-94B7-3CB896B7809E.jpeg
    C9D99A0E-6267-4437-94B7-3CB896B7809E.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 64

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40b is six months old and I’m really pleased with how everything is doing. Lots of new growth coming in on corals and overall everything is looking happy.
72D83B7F-5023-435A-91B0-C16D8982CDAA.jpeg

Been sitting on this spath for over a year it’s one of the few corals I kept from my previous tank, and a very special one. Finally showing some signs of a growth spurt.
63BA4DC5-3A6F-4931-8915-F84AC08315AB.jpeg

40b pest control, nothing gets past these little guys.
657F3992-724E-4951-AD56-0B6EF419C673.jpeg
What kind of wrasses are these?

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salvaged this Indo piece from a locals tank it was completely bleached and almost no sign of life. Starting to color up to be one of the brighter A. Caroliniana I’ve seen in a long time
Very nice. I've been on the hunt for one of these but it seems like my LFS don't really get them in anymore. Any smoothies really, everyone is about the tenuis now.

I like that aussie piece. I got a maricultured piece in 3, maybe 4 years ago. It's been nothing but ups and downs until recently when it finally stabilized. Sometimes the no namer mariculture are the most rewarding for that reason.

Following along, this is going to fill in nicely.

OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. I've been on the hunt for one of these but it seems like my LFS don't really get them in anymore. Any smoothies really, everyone is about the tenuis now.

I like that aussie piece. I got a maricultured piece in 3, maybe 4 years ago. It's been nothing but ups and downs until recently when it finally stabilized. Sometimes the no namer mariculture are the most rewarding for that reason.

Following along, this is going to fill in nicely.
Yeah, I'm surprised how low the demand for smooth skins has gotten. I might have never got into this hobby if it weren't for the smoothies. I remember the first time going into a reef shop and seeing A. Lokani, Caroliniana, Turaki and being so mesmerized by the glow of colors and velvet sheen. Set up my first saltwater tank a week later

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'm surprised how low the demand for smooth skins has gotten. I might have never got into this hobby if it weren't for the smoothies. I remember the first time going into a reef shop and seeing A. Lokani, Caroliniana, Turaki and being so mesmerized by the glow of colors and velvet sheen. Set up my first saltwater tank a week later
I love the smooth skins too! Granulosa is my favorite, it’s amazing how they can change with placement

OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two unique pieces

This one was a wild piece it’s shown so many different colors over the past few years I’ve had it.
D6AB68FA-3C7E-49D4-9FF3-3B38A873352F.jpeg

This is a newer frag I got. Something that I haven’t seen before so I’m excited to see it progress
BC6E1DE3-8EDB-4411-8007-CDF2464B4C2A.jpeg

Back