OP
jnels

jnels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in a similar boat to you currently and probably should avoid giving advice, but all I’m going to suggest is to consider your frags before adding. Go for cultures frags over wild corals. Try to stick to one that are 2+ inches. And look for ones that have completely or mostly grown over the frag plug. Basically, get coral frags that have been time tested in aquariums and have gotten past the ‘I’ve just been cut and hate life’ stage. The only SPS still doing well in my tank is the one I picked up using those criteria. Here’s hoping I don’t kill it.
I think this is really good advice. I've gotten some traction with the remaining frags that i've got. i will definitely heed this advice in the future when planning out my purchases.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with time you'll notice a trend where the less you do, the better the tank looks. If you're going to do anything to the tank, it should be because it absolutely needs that input from you. Otherwise, it's best to let nature take its course and if you have to add any input to what's going on, (adjusting alk, nitrates or phosphates) make sure it's really subtle.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back