Acropora Spathulata Showoff Thread

dantdodge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uniquecorals.com also has them from time to time. I picked up two, but they were mostly brown polyp, blue or green body. I didn't see any at the moment though. At this point the two I had just encrusted endlessly smothering my prime real-estate with your typical brown spath... I'll give them another year to grow up, or I'll hack them out. Just goes to show me that not building removable plug into the rock work was my biggest regret.
Thanks I will add them too the list.

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uniquecorals.com also has them from time to time. I picked up two, but they were mostly brown polyp, blue or green body. I didn't see any at the moment though. At this point the two I had just encrusted endlessly smothering my prime real-estate with your typical brown spath... I'll give them another year to grow up, or I'll hack them out. Just goes to show me that not building removable plug into the rock work was my biggest regret.
If they're brown then they're not happy, maybe under lit or nutrients are too high. You're typical spath is very colorful with a metallic like sheen to them.

Steve H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
03E82805-A8C5-4E4A-95EB-FC9B221FE4C9.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is a spathulata, but could have confused it with another piece that I bought in a batch from TSA about 2 years ago. Whatever it is, it is a finicky piece. Turned brown and completely stalled up until just a few months ago. Started getting some color late Spring and started launching nubs like crazy in the last month or two. Has a bit more green than the pictured. Confirm A. Spathulata or other?
@C. Eymann your thoughts?

IMG-5330.jpg

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is a spathulata, but could have confused it with another piece that I bought in a batch from TSA about 2 years ago. Whatever it is, it is a finicky piece. Turned brown and completely stalled up until just a few months ago. Started getting some color late Spring and started launching nubs like crazy in the last month or two. Has a bit more green than the pictured. Confirm A. Spathulata or other?
@C. Eymann your thoughts?

IMG-5330.jpg
Not a spatty, looks like A. natalensis or divaricata.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back