Acrotrdco's Zero Edge Rimless PPG Starphire 65G

  • Thread starter Thread starter acrotrdco
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Amazing colors and your corals are so healthy!!!

Thanks Bro!

Wow time flies, it's been another 1.5 month since I've posted my update, a lot of things happened during this 1.5 month, I'm gonna sum it up here.

Around early December I was notified by the RC staff that my tank had been elected as one of the TotMs to be hosted on Reefkeeping Magazine, I was thrilled and was scrambling to prepare everything needed for it. Then about a week later, without a single word from any RC staff, my account was banned.

Later I found out they were doing an IP check on my account, and found out it was associated to an old RC account that I previously used. During Feb 2010 (almost 2 years ago), I had organized a few group buys for the old Maxspect G2 fixtures on RC helping folks there to get their hands on the product, before the was an US distributor. Apparently that was against the rules of RC because the group buy was not authorized, so my account was banned.

I didn't reopen another account until I started my new tank around Jan 2011, I wanted to document its progress because like everyone else I'm passionate about my tank, and that's what I did.

When my account was banned, rumors started flying around on RC, some guys even start posting WHOIS information on maxspectusa.com and saying I owned Maxspect, etc. That's simply not true. I've a full time job in an I.T. firm and I'm a freelance web designer, my company is Acropora Trading company which I use to accept web design projects with, and I had not hide from anyone, in fact I had use it as my alias in forums, because I felt like there's nothing to hide. If I had hidden agendas wouldn't I be using another alias on these forums?

Because I've organized the group buys with Maxspect during early 2010, I was contacted by them asking me to help them redesign their website, which I agreed because it's also my profession, and hey I made a few buck from the project too.

Another website project I've done recently: Glamour Bridal

Those folks went as far as saying my tank is sponsored by Maxspect, which is simply an insult to me, this is MY tank, which sits in my living room and I paid for everything I used, including the LED fixtures! Yes I've a discount when I bought it from the store locally (I still have the invoice), but I still paid for my equipments. If this were a Maxspect sponsored tank, I would be using full Bubble King skimmers and GHL computer and full KZ Zeolite equipments already! Instead I'm using BM and DIY equipments like every other hobbyists on a budget.

I'm going to sum this up with saying "when one door closes, another opens". Haters gonna hate no matter what I say so I'm not gonna repeat what I've said here, while my ToTM is gone and my RC account banned, I've received an invitation from CoralVue to be their rep tank and I've accepted.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what a story, its funny how politics have to be involved. I hope you keep having success with your tank.
 
It is wonderful to know you have accepted the invitation from CoralVue as their rep tank. Congratulations, Howard.
Keep up the good work and ignore those haters who crawl out and do their character assassinations. Cheer! 1smile1

Bernie
 
Been following your tank since the beginning Howard, its come along way man. Looks amazing.
 
Hmmm....that is too bad if this is the case. I wish someone would clear this up over on RC.

Still I have to wonder...is it customary for the web designer to have the domain of a company registered into his/her name? I would think the company would want the domain registered in their name. I notice that glamour bridal is not in your name.
 
Update

Guys,

This will be the last update that I'll be posting here on this thread... because I've accepted the offer from Maxspect to become their PR representative and will be demonstrating my tank as the Maxspect featured tank.

Updates on my tank will be moved to this forum instead:
Maxspect

This is the FTS taken over the weekend, I'll post more photos under the new thread :)

DSC_9211.jpg
 
Congrats on the invite and that's a great tank! Keep up the good work! :)
 
Great tank, I've been inspired by your livestock! I know what fishes I'm planning to stock once my tank matures. Maybe I'll start my own thread.

Also, I agree, RC is a crook of ishhh. They really believe they are too big to fail, but what goes up will come down. R2R is by far better then RC, once people start to pour over then it will be game over.
 
Great tank, I've been inspired by your livestock! I know what fishes I'm planning to stock once my tank matures. Maybe I'll start my own thread.

Also, I agree, RC is a crook of ishhh. They really believe they are too big to fail, but what goes up will come down. R2R is by far better then RC, once people start to pour over then it will be game over.

I am also hoping more folks would come over here to R2R , this is a much more friendlier platform.
Your tank is Gorgeous!

Thanks!
 
Been looking and trying to message you in RC. Didn't realize you got ban.

I admire your tank a lot and have been a huge fan. I notice you are using 40 degree optic on the maxspect and it makes me wonder. From the beginning, I am afraid such setup would bleach the corals but after looking at your SPS, I am speechless. It is simply stunning!

What would you suggest for a 3 x 3 cube tank with about 55cm height? Can i use 4 modules with 40 degree/70 degree optic? I am going for SPS too.

Appreciate your help..
 
Prox,

When it comes to reef aquariums, I'd always recommend folks to take small steps when making changes to the parameters of the system, no matter if it's light, water, additives or introducing new corals.

I don't recommend anyone to start using 40 degrees optics or blasting the corals at full intensity right from the beginning, especially if they upgrade from a T5/MH environment, LED's could be really bright and could bleach out corals that are not adapted to that kind of light.

My corals, however, had been lit by roughly the same amount of light since day 1 when I migrated from the 25 gal nano, so they've been adapted to the amount of light they're receiving, so they're doing just fine. However when I introduce new corals, I usually place them on the bottom of my tank and give them a week's time before moving them up to a brighter spot, so they can have time to get used to the new water and lighting environment.
 
Thanks for the reply. Do you yhink 4 modules running on 70degree optics are sufficient for 3x3. Setup in :|: position.

prox
 
That'll be perfect for a cube tank IMO. You can tilt the modules so they'll all focus towards the center too, it looks really nice, something like this:

mazarra-in-the-show-5.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new