Acrylic Fabrication Q & A

Really?
Then its bang for them bucks..
I got this complementary though!
Waiting for some cool projects to use it..This kit so dang xaxy that i aint got the heart to use it. I have put it on the shelf for a while to get over it. :p
 
Neodymium. they can be used for a lot of things, frag racks, acclimation boxes, float switches...

@cromag08
What magnets to use?
I really hate the math to figure that out, are you using those for frag racks?
 
A lot of expensive r&d. I just different magnets until I find the right ones for my project. you have to think about the strength raring of the magnet and the distance the magnets will be apart from each other.

@cromag08
Yeah i know neos to be used, but specifically what type or size to be used for different glass/acrylic thicknesses?
 
Ordered about a 100 of 1 x 1/2 x 1/4 thick neos n52 or something. Do you think that's gonna work out for 1/2 thick glass/acrylic ???
Or do i have to stack them?

Eyo cromieboy those little things cost a fortune. But i ain't trippin this diy thang is ma drug!
I'm really exicited how this is gonna work out for me..
 
Last edited:
Maybe a small float switch bracket? you still need to encapsulate them in plastic so they're water proof.

Ordered about a 100 of 1 x 1/2 x 1/4 thick neos n52 or something. Do you think that's gonna work out for 1/2 thick glass/acrylic ???
Or do i have to stack them?

Eyo cromieboy those little things cost a fortune. But i ain't trippin this diy thang is ma drug!
I'm really exicited how this is gonna work out for me..
 
IMAG0828_zps7qmpr0su.jpg
 
Yeah my plastics supplier grilled me today when I went to buy sg 4. luckily I also work out of a shop. lol.
 
Mix your own it works better long term in my experiance. I do not use TCE at all in my mix.
 
Flexural strength σbB MPa
Polycarbonate - 90
Acrylic - 115

Takes more strength to flex acrylic? so it's more rigid than polycarbonate?
 
I'm pretty sure this is why you can't get it in the UK or most of the EU very easily either...

This is going to make it just that much more difficult for anyone to DIY a tank the right way, at a reasonable expense. Fortunately, Methylene Chloride is found in a lot of cleaning products (solvents) and so it's readily available through all kinds of sources. You just have to find one that is high purity for a reasonable volume, and in a good package, and it'll never go bad (like WO3 or WO4 can)

Then just get a really small amount of glacial AA and a mixing bottle, good to go. But, just one more thing.......
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new