Acrylic tank plumbing Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter gators94
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gators94

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2021
Messages
72
Reaction score
18
Location
Callahan
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 300 gallon acrylic tank with corner overflows. It looks like they may have added some holes to the overflows that aren’t necessary. Any advice on how to plumb this or what to do with the holes? I’ve thought about gluing acrylic to the back side of the holes to cover them up. Or adding some kind of weir to cover them. Any advice is appreciated!

3DAD93D9-858D-4ACC-A983-DE15BAC20515.jpeg D498E3FA-E2FB-4917-8ECC-7A50928DCC37.jpeg
 
I just purchased a 300 gallon acrylic tank with corner overflows. It looks like they may have added some holes to the overflows that aren’t necessary. Any advice on how to plumb this or what to do with the holes? I’ve thought about gluing acrylic to the back side of the holes to cover them up. Or adding some kind of weir to cover them. Any advice is appreciated!

3DAD93D9-858D-4ACC-A983-DE15BAC20515.jpeg D498E3FA-E2FB-4917-8ECC-7A50928DCC37.jpeg
Hmmm
There are plugs that look like bulkheads you can use. Does look excessive
 
Yeah I vote solid black acrylic glued to the back to plug the holes, 300g !! sweet tank what are the dimensions?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new