Actinic Settings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tj51
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tj51

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
398
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Nikon D40 (and of course the book, "D40 for Dummies)," and I seem to be getting some nice shots but can't get a good setting for actinics. I've seen that quite a few people have suggested RAW (.NEF) but in converting them to JPEG so I can upload the images to web-sites, I lose a lot of quality and the pics look really bad. Last night I tried to set my white balance but the pics still weren't great (I used white paper, didn't have a gray card) Suggestions? I've seen some great shots on here from actinic lighting. I rented a macro lens for the weekend so planning on a lot of "hands on training."

Tj

018-7-3.jpg


018-7-1.jpg




009-20-2.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new