Add another Orbit or T5.....?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stalaly
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stalaly

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2019
Messages
54
Reaction score
20
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I have a 55g 48"x12"x24" and currently have a single Current Orbit IC bar w/ Loop Controller. I want to reduce shadowing in the lower half of the tank and boost overall. Should I get another Orbit IC bar (effectively making it the Orbit Pro) or add a T5 fixture like this Coralife Aqualight....

https://www.amazon.com/Coralife-Aqu...ualight+T5+HO&qid=1563080021&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Or maybe bag the Orbit and go with the Aqualight Lunar by itself(assuming I can actually find a 48" for sale)?

Tank is all softies and LPS with the exception of a couple of SPS bought accidentally. When I upgrade to a 90 or 120g I'll go Radion but until then I'm on a budget and want what's best for my narrow, 6 month old reef.

All advice appreciated.

Thanks!
 
When I used to have my Orbit I added a dual T5’s , only drawback for me was there are 2 light fixtures on top of the tank.
If u want a cleaner look, I would go with 2 Orbits. Unless u have a canopy then go with adding a T5’s.
Orbit sells the mount the can hold 2 fixtures.
 
When I used to have my Orbit I added a dual T5’s , only drawback for me was there are 2 light fixtures on top of the tank.
If u want a cleaner look, I would go with 2 Orbits. Unless u have a canopy then go with adding a T5’s.
Orbit sells the mount the can hold 2 fixtures.
Thanks! I don't care so much about whats over the tank (although I don't have a hood)..More about the quality of light IN the tank. What did you think about light quality with your Orbit and Dual T5? That's exactly what I'm considering..
 
Thanks! I don't care so much about whats over the tank (although I don't have a hood)..More about the quality of light IN the tank. What did you think about light quality with your Orbit and Dual T5? That's exactly what I'm considering..

With Coral plus and True actinic bulbs corals were better. The Orbit is on the front and T5’s is in the back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new